Dell Precision 490 and mountain lion

rjjd

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Herve,  

I will receive this desktop within two weeks and give you then all the specs of this wonderfull machine.

What i known is that it has 2 xeon cpu's,  8 GB memory,  2 harddrives of 500Gb size,  and an Nvidia FX5500 ??..... graphics card

Thanks and regards, 

• Administrators

EDP can integrate your machine once you've built it and established all that is required. Updating EDP is not really a forward-process in that respect. It's based on the understanding that the Hackintosh is built and fine-tuned through /Extra folder. We then use this to prepare the EDP system build and boot package.

Start by listing your system's specifications and we can take it from there. Ideally, you would try to install SL, L and ML; Maverick in the future...

• Administrators

Use lspci kext and then you can run Term command "lspci -nn" to list your hardware. That can help you identify some or all the necessary kext you may need.

Then we just need to know those kexts, that's all.

Hi this desktop has no osx operating System working.

The machine works with Windows 8 and an virtual mountain lion inside

I Will try to execute the command's in the virtual environment and see what happens

Thanks.

Hi due to the fact that on the desktop ML is running in an virtual envirmenent and basicly (for now) on Window8 i was not able to create the hardware inventory

However i created an inventory file in windows i hope this also will do the job.

See attachment.