Toshiba Satellite L875D-S7332

ladyinvermont

Hi All,

I was gifted the Toshiba Satellite L875D-S7332, it is a AMD 17inch laptop, after my macbookpro died. I have the retail version of snow leopard, I need to use SL, as I am trying to edit a video in Final Cut Studio 2. I would love assistance getting the toshiba to dual boot win8 and Snow Leopard.

Get the editing finished, then work towards replacing the dead mac.. I have tried everything.

The problem is there is no real bios on this toshiba, there is only a few options, NO ACHI.EFI, just very standard settings.

None of the tutorials on the www cover this setup. Win8 is a EUFI, in that it is a partion on the hard drive. I have managed to partition the hard drive into win8 and a seperate unformatted partition.

When I use Modcom CD, the laptop boots straight into win8, even if I change the boot order, right now my hdd is last on the list, it still is booting into win8..grrrh

Any ideas, I can skype if needed.

Help

ladyinvermont

Welcome on our forum, Ladyinvermont!

AMD is always something that doesn't work nice with OS X, unfortunately. However with special kernels we are able to run Snow Leopard and Lion almost perfectly. Mountain Lion is also working, however with a lot graphic glitches for now.

As you said, you have an AMD A6 serie with the AMD Radeon HD 7250G graphics. I'm afraid that we can't get your graphics working. For the AMD 7xxx desktops serie, there is just support from Mountain Lion. However working in Mountain Lion on an AMD is almost impossible, due to the graphic glitches.

I'm also not sure that we can get your particular graphics chip working in OS X :(.

However, you can try to install Snow Leopard or Lion. But you won't have graphics acceleration, which will make it slow and not very good usable.