Core duo processor detected as Core 2 Duo- Latitude D620

Edwin Moquete

Hi

I have fully working Snow Leopard 10.6.8 on my Dell Latitude D620, in About this mac and System profiler the processor is detected as a 1.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, But i have a Core Duo. This is not important, but i want to know why it happen and if is possible, fix it. I've configured my build using EDP. I also tried extracting my own dsdt and don't work. I reiterate, isn't important, but if anyone have an answer i will be happy.

Sorry for my bad english. 

• Administrators

Well, I guess it depends entirely on the built-in CPU definitions of the OS or Chameleon. My Precision 670's Xeon Irwindale CPUs are reported as "Core Solo", which they're not. But it must be the closest match or something like that.

Do you know the exact model fitted to you D620?

Well, I guess it depends entirely on the built-in CPU definitions of the OS or Chameleon. My Precision 670's Xeon Irwindale CPUs are reported as "Core Solo", which they're not. But it must be the closest match or something like that.

Do you know the exact model fitted to you D620?

Thanks for the info, and yes, the exact model is Intel Core Duo T2300. Yonah Codenamed.

May be a more recent Chameleon boot file could fix that little thing; it may just be a processor id # incorrectly interpreted in your current version.

I use the latest chameleon, r2232. I've read in InsanellyMac that the bootloader is the one who recognizes the processor.

The autodetection algorithm works as follows:

If you have 4 cores or more (Core i7/Core i5/Core2 Quads), the bootloader will inject a "Quad-Core Intel Xeon" cpu-type

If you have 2 cores, the bootloader will inject a "Intel Core 2 Duo" cpu-type

If you have 1 core, the bootloader will inject a "Intel Core 2 Solo" cpu-type

If you don't meet the above conditions, the default type is "Intel Core 2 Duo".

The Core Duo CPU has 2 cores, so possibly this is the reason.

Thanks.