Dell Inspiron 3521 i3-3217U/6GB/500GB

anastasis

Hi guys and first of all congrats for your excellent work!

I want to ask if I can install Mountaion Lion on a Dell Inspiron 3521 and if is there a bootpack from a similar model that I can use?

Here is the specs of the Dell 3521:

Intel® Core™ i3-3217U Processor (1,80 GHz, 3 MB Intel® Smart-Cache)
6 GB DDR3-RAM
Intel HD4000

AMD Radeon HD 7670M 1 GB DDR3

Is this has HD4000 as primary GPU? If its then it can run and you can try bootpacks of inspiron from EDP which has ivy bridge cpu. Also you need patched dsdt or injecting gpu platform id properties in boot.plist for getting HD4000 to work, so try to patch dsdt. If you need help then there is dsdt section in our site for dsdt/ssdt patching for free(takes little time since its processed in the order the requests are received) or sponsored service(for immediate patching).

Unfortunately the bios is locked and the option to choose primary GPU is hidden .

I havent patch dsdt again but I will try.

Thank you very much for you help!

Probably the Dell Inspiron 5520 bootpack is the closest one for my specs.

I will update my post with my progress

Hi EMlyDinEsH,

just a small update.

I have made the installer and added the Dell Inspiron 5520 bootpack because that's the closest to my Dell I think.

I cannot disable ati GPU so for now I can only boot with GraphicsEnabler=No.

So with -v GraphicsEnabler=No I get some messages about FakseSMCKey is a dublicate etc

but the big issue is that me keyboard and touchpad doesnt work on the initial installer screen.Any suggestions?

Thank you very much again

Unfortunately the bios is locked and the option to choose primary GPU is hidden .

I havent patch dsdt again but I will try.

Thank you very much for you help!

Probably the Dell Inspiron 5520 bootpack is the closest one for my specs.

I will update my post with my progress

PM me with the lock code that shows on your screen (usually the service tag, a hyphen and a four digit sequence) and I can send you an unlock code for it.

PM me with the lock code that shows on your screen (usually the service tag, a hyphen and a four digit sequence) and I can send you an unlock code for it.

I dont see any lock code.. :/

In bios admin password and security password are disabled.I searched for a method to show some lock code question or just the tag but with no results

Hi EMlyDinEsH,

just a small update.

I have made the installer and added the Dell Inspiron 5520 bootpack because that's the closest to my Dell I think.

I cannot disable ati GPU so for now I can only boot with GraphicsEnabler=No.

So with -v GraphicsEnabler=No I get some messages about FakseSMCKey is a dublicate etc

but the big issue is that me keyboard and touchpad doesnt work on the initial installer screen.Any suggestions?

Thank you very much again

Do you get any errors about ApplePS2xxx in the log? What are the kexs you have in Extra/Extensions folder of myhack?

try -x -v 

Hi guys, sorry for my late response.

After a lot of tries I managed to install Mountain Lion.

I have used the bootpack from Dell Inspiron 5520 with these modifications:

• Deleted ApplePS2ElanToucpad and ApplePS2Controller
  • Add ApplePS2Controller and AppleACPIPS2Nub from Dell Inspiron 9400 bootpack
  • Add AppleRTL8169Ethernet frpm Dell INspiron 7720 bootpack
  • Add GenericUSBXHCI_1.1.4 (to get my usb recognized on boot else I will get "waiting for root device"

I boot with -v GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes

The installation fails in the end.The log says :
unable to find authetication module"COnfiguration Profiles"

unable to find service discovery callback for module "PlistFile"

unable to set <my partition in whic MacOs is installed> as boot disk.

But after the install I can boot in MacOs with HD4000 recognized normally.I run also a permission repair in Disk Utility because the installer 

probably didnt set the correct permissions.

In the boot log also i get some messages about

"EHCI controller unable to take control from BIOS"

"AppleUSBHCI unable to take ownership"

Tell me what I can do to fix these issues or to ensure that my laptop is stable enough.

Also Im using the DST.aml from Dell Inspiron 5520.I dont think that is safe.Am I right?

Thank you very much