Dell M4300 fakesmc

madmax

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

i have fixed my playback HD content issue.

It was potentionally caused by the setting Macbook pro 5.1 in chameleon.

I changed it back to 4.1 (leaving the fake smc on  5.1.

Now I have the question about the chameleon setting.  Does it matter which model chameleon is set to? And In case that it matters what schould be the setting? Do the fakesmc and the chameleon both have to have the same model in?

Please advise

madmax

Hi again,

I have the feeling that the speedstep feature does not work.

On HW Monitor I have either 597Mhz on both cores or 797 MHz on both.

I did not observe that these frequencies change.

I am changing verious versions of fakesmc with 5.1 setting and 4.1 smb with chameleon wiz. With this combination I can whatch HD itunes Videos (purchased ones).

Can some one help to get speedstepping working?

Madmax

Hi,

MMMh. OK I understand.... OK Then I will go to 5.1 instead.

Then the main issue for me is, that I can not get itunes HD videoplayback working. It gives me (only on HD) the message that my laptop display is not supported.

Which is from the technical point of view not korrect as I can get playback on 3.1. and 4.1. Is there a workarount on 5.1 fakesmc?

Please advise.

madmax

• Administrators

MBP5,1 should work just perfectly, well at least it did on mine and several others I helped tune... No reason why it would be different on yours, especially if you've reinstated that kext you appear to require for your HD Video playback. Did you try VLC at all?

Hi Hervé,

yeah its strange I am certainly doing something wrong..

I have updated the fakesmc.kext to 5.1 (01330F00 0008) and the chameleon smbios to 5.1 as well.

HW Monitor shows on both cores 598 MHz each. Static. The Notebook seems to be fairly fast. itunes does not play back itunes HD content. Like Das Boot.

Test with AVATAR HD showed that it does not play back with VLC (Latest Version) either.

Can I provide you with details to help me getting itunes HD playback working and cpu speedstep as well?

Thanks

Madmax

• Administrators

It would be quite normal to see both cores idling at 598MHz; however, provided that SpeedStep is not disabled in BIOS, you should see throttling as and when required. Which BIOS are you running? I had found that A15 was Ok, whilst A17 slowed things down quite badly.