Dell D620 Lion help

Playfrog4u

Ok, so I have a Dell Latitude D620 with the nvidia graphics card and I got a copy of Mac Lion from app store  Then downloaded the myHack tool. Installed the Lion to the 16 GB flash drive and installed the extras using the myHacks tool. Then I made sure my Bios is all good by looking at the other forum and everything checks out. Booted to USB and it loads the loader fine. When I press enter to continue the boot. it does its loading stuff but when all done it brings me to a black screen and my USB light went off. I been on this for hours.. Any help please would be appreciated. Thanks!

• Administrators

The D620 supports Intel Core Solo, Core Duo and Core2Duo FSB667 CPUs. Lion requires a computer fitted with a Core2Duo CPU or it won't install. So, you need to identify your exact CPU model before you carry on.

Examples of FSB667 CPUs fitting the D620:

• Core Solo: T1400 & family
  • Core Duo: T2500 & family
  • Core2Duo: T5600 & family, T7200 & family

If you have a Core Solo or Core Duo, you're limited to Snow Leopard, unless you upgrade to a C2D, in which case Lion (or even Mountain Lion) will be possible.

• Like 1

The D620 supports Intel Core Solo, Core Duo and Core2Duo FSB667 CPUs. Lion requires a computer fitted with a Core2Duo CPU or it won't install. So, you need to identify your exact CPU model before you carry on.

Ok if this little sticker says Intel Centrino duo

• Administrators

Hmm, "Centrino" is a platform branding, not a CPU model per sé. You should look up in the info page of your BIOS settings, there'll be a CPU identifier (like a 4digit number). If you still have a Windows installation for that laptop, the CPU will be listed under "My Computer -> Properties" or in the device manager.

Hmm, "Centrino" is a platform branding, not a CPU model per sé. You should look up in the info page of your BIOS settings, there'll be a CPU identifier (like a 4digit number). If you still have a Windows installation for that laptop, the CPU will be listed under "My Computer -> Properties" or in the device manager.

Processor Type = Intel® Core DUO Processor

Processor ID = 06E8

centrino just means Intel chipset,CPU,and intel wifi.... which by the way will also mean your intel wifi is not supported.

wait wait wait.... >.< So my wireless wont work? is there any way? Every computer i get works with it but my wireless never does. there must be a way