D620 10.6 help

Playfrog4u

OK so i got the OS X 10.6 to install fine on the Dell latitude D620 NVIDIA, but i am having issues

1). Audio drivers not working.

2) If i leave alone screen goes black and wont turn on

3) if i shut lid, it wont come back on.

everything else is fine.. can someone please help me.

i already read the 

Getting sleep to work on your Dell Latitude

and it did not help..

Thanks in advanced

• Administrators

Did you install and run EDP to do a System Build? That would normally take care of everything.

• patched STAC92xx audio drivers and VoodooHDA kexts both work on the D620 nVidia. You should use one of them. Check that you have either in your /E/E folder and, if EDP did not copy them across for some unknown reason, copy them from /Extra/Storage/kextpacks. Remember to re-run myFix (full) afterwards.

• the D620 nVidia 110M does indeed suffer from that black/gray screen issue you've experienced where the screen (not the computer) does not wake properly from sleep: it stays gray. To recover from that, you can sleep&wake the computer or configure power savings so that screen sleep and computer sleep have the exact same timer.

• closing the lid should put the laptop to sleep without problems and re-opening it should wake it Ok.

Regarding the link you mentioned for sleep, please note that only the hibernation part applies to the D620 nVidia. The BIOS part only applies to the GMA950 model, the nVidia model does not need this BIOS password. However, I recommend that you configure your BIOS settings according to the pinned post on the matter.

Did you install and run EDP to do a System Build? That would normally take care of everything.

• patched STAC92xx audio drivers and VoodooHDA kexts both work on the D620 nVidia. You should use one of them. Check that you have either in your /E/E folder and, if EDP did not copy them across for some unknown reason, copy them from /Extra/Storage/kextpacks. Remember to re-run myFix (full) afterwards.
  • the D620 nVidia 110M does indeed suffer from that black/gray screen issue you've experienced where the screen (not the computer) does not wake properly from sleep: it stays gray. To recover from that, you can sleep&wake the computer or configure power savings so that screen sleep and computer sleep have the exact same timer.
  • closing the lid should put the laptop to sleep without problems and re-opening it should wake it Ok.
Regarding the link you mentioned for sleep, please note that only the hibernation part applies to the D620 nVidia. The BIOS part only applies to the GMA950 model, the nVidia model does not need this BIOS password. However, I recommend that you configure your BIOS settings according to the pinned post on the matter.
I did run EDP. But it's still glitchy.. I'll try copying the files manually.. I did not run myfix.. I'll try that now