E6430 i7-3740QM NVS 5200M HD+

TwoPlus1

I picked up my new laptop a week ago and am so far really pleased with it but I'm struggling to build my first Hackintosh on it.  So far I've only been able to boot successfully from a vanilla myHack USB in safe mode, the generic extra, edp boot extra and various versions from the forum failed to boot.  I've been able to install the OS in safe mode and can boot to it via USB key only.  I know that others are using various mixtures of options but if someone could help me get the OS to boot in normal mode that would at least be progress, I'm guessing the WiFi card will need replacing but I'm happy to use the ethernet connection for now at least as this is going to be mainly for learning and support whilst my primary OS will remain Windows 8.

Specs:

E6430

BIOS A11

i7-3740QM 2.7GH

16GB DDR3

NVIDIA NVS 5200M / Intel HD 4000

HD+ 1600x900 Display

Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 AGN

Dell Wireless 380 Bluetooth 4

Optimus disabled

HDD set to AHCI

XD Support Enabled

Mountain Lion 10.8.3

240GB Corsair Neutron GTX SSD (Windows 8) Mounted in Media Bay (disconnected during testing phase)

750GB Western Digital Scorpio Black HDD (Single partition during testing but aiming for 120GB OSX, 120GB Ubuntu, and the rest as storage for Hyper-V on Windows 8)

• Moderators

I picked up my new laptop a week ago and am so far really pleased with it but I'm struggling to build my first Hackintosh on it.  So far I've only been able to boot successfully from a vanilla myHack USB in safe mode, the generic extra, edp boot extra and various versions from the forum failed to boot.  I've been able to install the OS in safe mode and can boot to it via USB key only.  I know that others are using various mixtures of options but if someone could help me get the OS to boot in normal mode that would at least be progress, I'm guessing the WiFi card will need replacing but I'm happy to use the ethernet connection for now at least as this is going to be mainly for learning and support whilst my primary OS will remain Windows 8.

Specs:
E6430
BIOS A11
i7-3740QM 2.7GH
16GB DDR3
NVIDIA NVS 5200M / Intel HD 4000
HD+ 1600x900 Display
Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 AGN
Dell Wireless 380 Bluetooth 4
Optimus disabled
HDD set to AHCI
XD Support Enabled
Mountain Lion 10.8.3

240GB Corsair Neutron GTX SSD (Windows 8) Mounted in Media Bay (disconnected during testing phase)
750GB Western Digital Scorpio Black HDD (Single partition during testing but aiming for 120GB OSX, 120GB Ubuntu, and the rest as storage for Hyper-V on Windows 8)

Have you check this thread https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2380-e6430-with-nvs5200intel-hd-4000/?

It includes all the files needed except for the ssdt(s) since you have a different processor. Also check out leppy700m's post regarding building from version 10.8.3

Thanks Jake, I had added the Extra folder in this thread to my USB key and selected it during the install sequence but I think it failed because I had to boot the USB in safe mode.

Last night just before posting I disabled the virtualization support in the BIOS but still couldn't boot except in safe mode so I shut down and waited for some help.  This morning I booted with -v to post some diagnostics and the OS booted fully but only when booting from the USB key first.  I was then able to install the latest Chameleon and the Extra files from this link.  The trackpad and I'm sure additional features now all work but the boot loader doesn't.

Other than installing Chameleon are there any additional settings I need to configure?  Do I also need to install the additional files from this link to get the docking station working?

• Moderators

Thanks Jake, I had added the Extra folder in this thread to my USB key and selected it during the install sequence but I think it failed because I had to boot the USB in safe mode.

Last night just before posting I disabled the virtualization support in the BIOS but still couldn't boot except in safe mode so I shut down and waited for some help.  This morning I booted with -v to post some diagnostics and the OS booted fully but only when booting from the USB key first.  I was then able to install the latest Chameleon and the Extra files from this link.  The trackpad and I'm sure additional features now all work but the boot loader doesn't.

Other than installing Chameleon are there any additional settings I need to configure?  Do I also need to install the additional files from this link to get the docking station working?

Check this thread, some members were able to get the dock working https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2380-e6430-with-nvs5200intel-hd-4000/page-3

I've tried those suggestions but nothings worked.  I suspect that Chameleon isn't being properly installed but can't see where to check this.

Also is it OK to use the GUID partition or do I need to switch to MBR?

I've tried those suggestions but nothings worked.  I suspect that Chameleon isn't being properly installed but can't see where to check this.

Also is it OK to use the GUID partition or do I need to switch to MBR?

GUID is best for Mac so you don't need to switch to MBR. Did you disable nvidia Optimus in bios? exactly what is your issue? explain about your installation and others steps done so far.