EDP killed my 6520

daspazz

Help I installed the latest EDP on my e6520 and and then when I rebooted it just booted to a gray screen with the OSXLatitude logo,  I had to power cycle the machine and then boot with the -v and GraphicsEnable=No switch to boot up.  Then I discovered my mouse pad was no longer working.  How can I roll the EDP back and fix this?  :(  :unsure:  :blink:

Well I figured it out on my own.  I ran MyHack and used Igashu's Extras and that reverted my system to a functioning unit.  My mouse/track pad is now working again.  I did experience a period of flashing white desktop that forced me to power cycle the unit but upon reboot the system booted normally and everything is working now.  I will need to run chameleon wizard again to add my favorite boot theme back but all is well in spazzVille again.  :ph34r:  :)

It killed it again.  I am getting ACPIPlatform KPs.  Am trying to repair it now.  I don't get why my 6520 hates EDP.  Using most recent EDP (1 or 2 days old)

Also why is there not an EDP entry for the Nvidia graphics card under the 6520?  Just wondering......

Edit0: Replaced AppleACPIPlatfrom.kext and now I get KP on AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.  Will try to replace that next.  :wacko:

• Administrators

There's no EDP entry for that model because we have not made one up yet. Usually, that means we've had no-one with that model to feed us with his/her /Extra contents once OS X was fully installed and running on the machine.

EDP system builds and bootpacks don't fall up the sky; they're the result of actual successful installations and testing.

This implies 2 important things:

1. you should not make an EDP System Build for a listed system that does not match your own hardware (unless you've been advised to do so or it is confirmed to work)
  2. get OS X running on your model and feed us your /Extra folder once finished. That'll be your brick to the house.
  • Like 1

There's no EDP entry for that model because we have not made one up yet. Usually, that means we've had no-one with that model to feed us with his/her /Extra contents once OS X was fully installed and running on the machine.

EDP system builds and bootpacks don't fall up the sky; they're the result of actual successful installations and testing.

This implies 2 important things:

1. you should not make an EDP System Build for a listed system that does not match your own hardware (unless you've been advised to do so or it is confirmed to work)
  2. get OS X running on your model and feed us your /Extra folder once finished. That'll be your brick to the house.

:)

Why didn't somebody told me diz!!  Before now????  :P

I will be attaching my /Extra folder once I get it up again.  I cheated and pulled the SSD out and plugged it into my utility bay on my Hackintosh and migrated the /Extra folder back to its original state.  So it could/should boot now.

@Bronxtech, I will try that if it doesn't boot.  Or if I keehhl it again!  ;)  Thanks for the support and info guys!

Unit boots now, my cheat and hax0r worked......  My /Extra folder is 2.6 Megs without the themes folder. it is attached.  Let me know if I can help out in any way!  Herve' knows my numbah!   :ph34r:

Spazz-E6520-Nvidia-Extra.zip

I have added your system to our EDP database, please update your EPD first! :-).
The nVidia system should show up in your list.

If there are problems, just let me know. Could you sent me the compatibility details, as stated on our EDP compatibility page? :-)