450M Apple AirPort Extreme Atheros AR5BXB112 AR9380 N card now less than 14 dollars shipped

daspazz

I bought one of these 450M Apple AirPort Extreme Atheros AR5BXB112 AR9380 N card and I paid about 20 dollars US shipped.  Now that are listed for 13.19 shipped from China.  The card is a full PCI-e mini card but it still worked without issue and OOB in my Dell Latitude E6520 with a little packing tape to help hold it in the slot securely.  I bought two more at the new price.  I am putting one in my daughters D830 so that she can use wireless going forward

I recommend you pick one up for your hackbook/tosh because this airport card can run at blazing fast speeds compared to other cards.

Hi, thanks for the info, I'll add it to the list. Are you able to verify operation with SL and Lion at all?

No problem Herve'

Nope to your question though as I am only using 10.8.x version(s) of OSX.  It would probably work with Lion.  But I could be wrong because I do know that the Airport Extreme AR5BXB6 full height card that I was using before with 10.7.x in my E6520 quit working and made it stop booting up (literally) until I removed it when trying to upgrade to 10.8.3.  So I don't know for sure if it would work..... 

I can verify that it works in my Daughters D830. The card does show up as "unknown" in system info and like apps, but is functional.  I replaced the card that was in it (Intel Model:WM3945ABG MOW1 - Dell P/N: 0NC293) with the 450 and it works great!  The D830 even has 3 antenna leads!  :)

Hi, thanks for the info, I'll add it to the list. Are you able to verify operation with SL and Lion at all?

OK Herve' I did have to re-install the OS on my daughters D830 and I ended up rolling back to Lion 10.7 and the NIC works well with that too.  Don't know about 10.7.5 or in-between since when I installed the combo update to 10.7.5 I now get kernel panics on the CPU.  D0H!  :$

If you upgraded from 10.7.3 or lower to 10.7.5, you need to do/redo an EDP system build or you will indeed experience KP.

Do you mean before the update?  If so then that was my problem.  Disregard my request for help in the D830 thread! D0H!

T.I.A for saving my arse yet again.  Do I also need to rerun EDP after 10.7.5?  And then should I be able to try and upgrade to 10.8.0?  And again re-install the EDP?

Major T.I.A. for your support Herve'

Oh I also ordered one of those Gigabyte PCI-e cards that you can plug a micro NIC into.  It should be here Monday.  I got two more of the 450s and I put one back in my D6520 and am using it now to type this.  The other will be popped into the Giga card and if it works in my Desktop I will report back.  Im on 10.8.4 with that box.