lenovo y500 (nvidia gt 650 graphics) and dell inspiron 1545 (intel 4500mhd graphics)

fallen00sniper

two models for you smart guys to figure out, i have done most of the work on the 1545, but still issues with the 4500mhd and most have given up for what ever reason, so i hereby challenge the osxlatitude community to solve the qe/ci issue or atleast get a decent kext going without the need to use hacks to get full resolution at the least.

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2127-how-to-install-106-snow-leopard-on-dell-inspiron-1545/

the second model in the title, well it may be similar to the g580, but the nvidia graphics and cheap price tag on craigslist makes me think this should be a fine hackintosh and windows gaming machine for my budget, instead of following the build guide from tonycrapx86... basically a 1300 difference in price tag lol

thanks, and delete this or move it if needed, herve is a boss when it comes to mac stuff, leon too, so hopefully one of you gods of all that is hackintosh can come up with something...

haven't gotten the y500 yet, but hope to in a week or so, if it isn't sold! lol

the challenge is up, the bounty will be set if the joy of success isn't enough to motivate.

ok, some how i posted this in the wrong section, this was meant to be in research...

don't know about 4500MHD GPU but herve knows about the old notebooks better so he can try, I'm interested with the new model you mentioned having Nvidia GPU which I think can be made to work mostly (except for native sleep), so i'll take a look at this Lenovo Y500.

i was hoping someone with the know how could step forward, i still want this laptop to serve a purpose when it gets replaced.

awesome thanks dinesh, if it can't sleep not a big deal for me at least if the screensaver works, i would probably find something to get it to work or someone else that has more of a clue will.

i'm still getting confused on where to put the dsdt.aml when i try to remember lol