D830 ML 10.8.3 sound reverts back to internal speakers after sleep

ktazn2k

ML 10.8.3 is running pretty much flawlessly, excpet for one minor issue dealing with sleep. I always have external speakers connected to my laptop. When I put it to sleep and turn it back on, the sound always reverts back to internal speakers. I have to disconnect the speakers and plug them in again to get it back to headphones. Also, whenever I have a USB external drive connected, waking from sleep will always force eject the drive and give me an error message.

I'm running the latest EDP with the newest FakeSMC + MacBook Pro 5,1 smbios. I am using patched AppleIntelCPUManagement and disabled both nullAppleIntelCPUManagement and Sleepenabler.

I tried to use a different audio kext, but on EDP I can't seem to select anything else other than patched AppleHDA. Does the latest version of VoodooHDA kext work on this laptop? Because if I can remember, I used that on my D620 running Lion and sleep didn't have this issue.

• Administrators

The latest VoodooHDA does work on the D830, yes.

Re: USB device disconnected after sleep, that is perfectly normal. When the computer goes to sleep, the USB ports are no longer powered; as such, all connected device get disconnected. The only way to somehow circumvent this is to enable "USB Wake" in the BIOS so that power is retained to USB ports when the computer is connected to the mains. That is however not effective when running on battery.

Actually, I just found out the cause of the speakers issue. I was using patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement when I realized my laptop doesn't need it. Removed it and ran myFix and everything is sorted out. Also enabled USB wake to fix the force eject issue.

Will let you know if there is any other problems. Thanks and keep up the good work!

*Sigh*

After updating to 10.8.4, the speakers switching issue has returned after sleep, even using the original AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. Aside from rebuilding with EDP, is there something else I can try? I like to continue using AppleHDA as VoodooHDA has a few bugs with the audio crackling randomly and AppleHDA worked fine in 10.8.3.

Did 10.8.4 put a new version of AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement? I guess I can try to roll back to the 10.8.3 version if they did.