D630 10.6 vanilla install updates ?

joot

Hello,

Just got vanilla 10.6 installed on my D630. What is the "best" update method from 10.6 to 10.6.6 ? I've tried the 10.6.6 combo update and I got panic kernel after. I had to re-install vanilla 10.6 again, this time tried the 10.6.4 combo update, again got panic kernel. Should I start from 10.6 --> 10.6.1 --> 10.6.2, incrementally etc. ? Have anybody done the incremental updates with success ? Can't seem to do straight 10.6 --> 10.6.6 combo updates. Always get panic kernel. BTW, I'm using EmpireEFI_1081_row bootloader. So far this is the only bootloader working for me with vanilla install.

Don't have all the info here as to what edp package you are running? Please list full system specs as well. Just as a shot in the dark u could be running sleepenabler and if you are it would need to be updated or you can try using the switch PmVersion=21 at boot. if you boot with a -v for verbose and look to see the output I could be more sure. I don't recommend that boot loader but if it's working for you...

Hello,

Just got vanilla 10.6 installed on my D630. What is the "best" update method from 10.6 to 10.6.6 ? I've tried the 10.6.6 combo update and I got panic kernel after. I had to re-install vanilla 10.6 again, this time tried the 10.6.4 combo update, again got panic kernel. Should I start from 10.6 --> 10.6.1 --> 10.6.2, incrementally etc. ? Have anybody done the incremental updates with success ? Can't seem to do straight 10.6 --> 10.6.6 combo updates. Always get panic kernel. BTW, I'm using EmpireEFI_1081_row bootloader. So far this is the only bootloader working for me with vanilla install.

Now, if I followed the above USB installation steps and when I am ready to perform the updates, do I do the updates incrementally from 10.6 --> 10.6.1 --> 10.6.2, etc. or can I just do the 10.6.6 combo update from the 10.6 vanilla installed ?

Having a hard time copying the downloaded /Extra folder to the extra folder already in my snowleopard volumn directory...clicking on edptool.command from within /Extra folder I downloaded didn't take me to the menu as shown in the tutorial...don't know any unix commands...I tried drag and drop downloaded /Extra folder on desktop to replace extra folder in my volumns with no success...whats the command line to copy /Extra folder from desktop to extra folder in volumns directory ? The tutorial didn't show exact instructions on how to extract the extra.zip file to the extra folder being copied to...

I'm getting this kernel panic error message trying to install vanilla 10.6 install from a usb flash drive made from tutorial in here. Anybody know what's wrong with this install problem ?

spec:

D630

4 gig ram

160 gig HD

Intel GMA3100 video

5508633510_519b158d4c_b.jpg

5508036193_63b5145f1b_b.jpg