E6430 - Mavericks 10.9 DP1 - Successfully installed!

James Vreeken

• Moderators

Here are a couple of pages I followed to get mine working:

http://prasys.info/2009/12/rebranding-broadcom-802-11abgn-cards-as-airport/ 

The original how to here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/121293-rebranding-broadcom-based-80211bgn-cards/?p=863983&do=findComment&comment=863983

and:

http://legacy.tonycrapx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=28484 for my specific card the DW1510

Jake Lo might be able to give more info and maybe a tutorial on how to for the DW1510.

I used prasys instructions to rebrand the my card DW1510. The card works OOB but it just look nicer after rebranding it.

3rd party wifi.png  DW1510.png

Rebranding a card basically changes the vendor and product ID to one that's on Apple's Whitelist and sees it as an Airport Extreme. All encryption supported.

Unbranded DW1510 - Third-Party Wireless Card

localhost:~ macuser$ lspci -vnn -d 14e4:
0c:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation BCM4322 802.11a/b/g/n Wireless LAN Controller [14e4:432b] (rev 01)
Subsystem: Dell Wireless 1510 Wireless-N WLAN Mini-Card [1028:000d]
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 16
Memory at f7600000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable)
Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 3
Capabilities: [58] Vendor Specific Information <?>
Capabilities: [e8] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit+ Queue=0/0 Enable+
Capabilities: [d0] Express Endpoint, MSI 00
Capabilities: [100] #14e4

Rebranded DW1510 - Airport Extreme

localhost:~ macuser$ lspci -vnn -d 14e4:
0c:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation BCM4322 802.11a/b/g/n Wireless LAN Controller [14e4:432b] (rev 01)
Subsystem: Apple Computer Inc. Unknown device [106b:0093]
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 16
Memory at f7600000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable)
Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 3
Capabilities: [58] Vendor Specific Information <?>
Capabilities: [e8] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit+ Queue=0/0 Enable+
Capabilities: [d0] Express Endpoint, MSI 00
Capabilities: [100] #14e4

Rebranding the card can also enable air-drop (which if it is unbranded it can not from my understanding)

Also, make sure to check that the region code is set to USA (0x001) (Something a lot of people have misslooked when rebranding)

James,

I also have Mavericks on my E6430, except mine has HD4000 only. I noticed that the battery status doesn't show up and looking at your screenshot, it's not appearing on yours either. 

Tried different DSDT floating around for the E6430 with or with nvs5200m. I noticed if I use yours, I get audio but no battery. When I used another, I get battery, but no audio. Weird!

So I decided to drop the patched AppleHDA and use VoodooHDA instead along with the DSDT that gives me battery status.

Just wondering if you have looked into this as well.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2013-06-16 at 2.35.13 AM.png

Hi!

My 6430 is only HD4000 like yours.

You HDMI out working without docking station?

If yes please post you Extra folder for 10.9 :)

if it does not work you could also link it?

Many, Many Thanks!

• Moderators

Hi!

My 6430 is only HD4000 like yours.

You HDMI out working without docking station?

If yes please post you Extra folder for 10.9 :)

if it does not work you could also link it?

Many, Many Thanks!

HDMI does work.

Use the Extra folder from my installation guide here. It's for ML, but works just fine for Mavericks too. Remember to add the switch -f to your boot.plist as posted above.

HDMI does work.

Use the Extra folder from my installation guide here. It's for ML, but works just fine for Mavericks too. Remember to add the switch -f to your boot.plist as posted above.

Thanks! But not work :(

I install Maverick from you guide, system boot, LCD Brightness changeable, but no picture :( i plug in HDMI and see grambled screen.

my notebook is completely like yours, except that it has a resolution of 1600x900
But it's the same processor, HD4000, Bios A09, i5-3320M 2.6GH ...

When extracted from the DSDT, you can help to optimize?
I absolutely noob for this :(

Thanks!

rob

(Sorry my bad english.. :))

HDMI does work.

In ML can only be operated under the internal LCD and HDMI, modified AppleintelFramebufferCapri.kext that I used what I found in the forum. But under 10.9 is unfortunately not have a modified kext: (

• Moderators

In ML can only be operated under the internal LCD and HDMI, modified AppleintelFramebufferCapri.kext that I used what I found in the forum. But under 10.9 is unfortunately not have a modified kext: (

If you have a working ML on the same hardware, you can use the same extra folder for the 10.9 build. Copy the whole Extra folder to Mavericks and run myfix on it.

Here, try mine if you want to see if works  better. I changed the resolution to match your hardware

Extra_E6430_Mavericks.zip

If you have a working ML on the same hardware, you can use the same extra folder for the 10.9 build. Copy the whole Extra folder to Mavericks and run myfix on it.

Here, try mine if you want to see if works  better. I changed the resolution to match your hardware

Not work :(

If i use my own Extra folder from ML, or use yours, no picture in internal LCD and HDMI :(

Backlight working, audio and other things run in the background, but no screen...

I change back to ML...

If i extract my DSDT and upload here, You please look at the difference between yours and mine?

Thanks!

rob

• Moderators

Not work :(

If i use my own Extra folder from ML, or use yours, no picture in internal LCD and HDMI :(

Backlight working, audio and other things run in the background, but no screen...

I change back to ML...

If i extract my DSDT and upload here, You please look at the difference between yours and mine?

Thanks!

rob

Please send me the DSDT you use on your working ML. In the interim, try removing the patched AppleintelFramebufferCapri.kext

on Mavericks, run myfix and see if it make a difference. Also place link to where you obtain this patched file.