E5420 Mountain Lion - No mouse/keyboard support

ndog

I have a

• Dell Latitude E5420 - A05 Bios
  • Sandybridge i5 CPU
  • Intel HD3000 graphics
  • OSX 10.8.0

I was happy to finally get OSX running on this work laptop. I downloaded the Dell_Latitude_E5520_i5_2520M_HD3000-ml.zip EDP Bootpack and followed the preinstallation and installation guide. It installed OSX 10.8 on my machine.

There are three things that are of concern (out of the box install)

• I have noticed the boot is slow with the verbose messages being displayed on the gray mac background. I would like to remove this theme, so it boots faster
  • There is no keyboard or mouse support from the EDP bootpack. I used a USB mouse and keyboard to install
  • Sometimes it does not shutdown correctly, sometimes the machine shutdowns everything but power remains on

I think I am the first one to post success with the E5420 on here, so I hope to provide any feedback and help out others who might have this model.

As yet I have not installed any further drivers, eg audio, and wifi appears not to be instaled yet, but will keep you informed.

• Moderators

I have a

• Dell Latitude E5420 - A05 Bios
  • Sandybridge i5 CPU
  • Intel HD3000 graphics
  • OSX 10.8.0

I was happy to finally get OSX running on this work laptop. I downloaded the Dell_Latitude_E5520_i5_2520M_HD3000-ml.zip EDP Bootpack and followed the preinstallation and installation guide. It installed OSX 10.8 on my machine.

There are three things that are of concern (out of the box install)

• I have noticed the boot is slow with the verbose messages being displayed on the gray mac background. I would like to remove this theme, so it boots faster
  • There is no keyboard or mouse support from the EDP bootpack. I used a USB mouse and keyboard to install
  • Sometimes it does not shutdown correctly, sometimes the machine shutdowns everything but power remains on

I think I am the first one to post success with the E5420 on here, so I hope to provide any feedback and help out others who might have this model.

As yet I have not installed any further drivers, eg audio, and wifi appears not to be instaled yet, but will keep you informed.

ndog,

The bootpack has just basic drivers to get your system up and running. You need to install EDP and select your hardware to do the build to fine tune your system. To boot without verbose mode, remove the -v option from the boot.plist

What wireless card do you have? Most Dell comes with Intel and it's not supported. You'll have to replace it with an Atheros or Broadcom card.

I was having the same issue with mouse/trackpad and keyboard.

The solution was the process to install the kexts for trackpad and keyboard onto USB installer with myHack. But the computer just works great after the fourth or fifth install.