Kext broke system

Charles Albert

I was trying to install a different version of the VoodooPS2Kext, then when I was rebooting I've ended up in the grey screen asking to restart my mac. What should I do to restore my system? I know that the safe mode option is -x but it ain't helping, the system crashes anyway. Is there a way to access the file system and replacing the kext with the one that was working?

try booting with -s -x -v

then if u can

/sbin/mount -uw /

if that works u can replace the kext manually or just delete the voodoops2kext and plug in a usb keyboard on the next boot. As a tip I always keep a copy of a working /Extra on the drive so I can just delete the non working /Extra and mv the good /Extra into place quickly if I have too.

I was trying to install a different version of the VoodooPS2Kext, then when I was rebooting I've ended up in the grey screen asking to restart my mac. What should I do to restore my system? I know that the safe mode option is -x but it ain't helping, the system crashes anyway. Is there a way to access the file system and replacing the kext with the one that was working?

try booting with -s -x -v

then if u can

/sbin/mount -uw /

if that works u can replace the kext manually or just delete the voodoops2kext and plug in a usb keyboard on the next boot. As a tip I always keep a copy of a working /Extra on the drive so I can just delete the non working /Extra and mv the good /Extra into place quickly if I have too.

Great deal, tks! Luckily, I keep the EDP Extra.zip in the system root, so I just need to unzip and run the edp script \0/