Cannot enter password

ddiego

I installed EDP but cannot use it because I cannot enter a password.  Neither the laptop keyboard nor an external keyboard worked.  I ended up having to use the Extras from the compatibility page because EDP could not be accessed.  Has anyone else had this problem?  If so, what's the work around?

My installation worked fine otherwise. I saw on your web site that the bootpacks for listed machines are automatically updated from the EDP database so I'm pretty sure that I DO have the correct PS2 kextpacks for my D630.  However, I'd like to use the EDP for ease of use.  Unfortunately when EDP comes up I cannot enter a password at the access screen.  You only get three attempts, as you know,  before the program shuts down and there's no work around for the password requirement.  My laptop keyboard works fine and my external keyboard works fine so they are NOT the issue.

I reset the permissions and drilled down to the update file and ran it.  This time it accepted no password - just a carriage return.  After the quick update I attempted to run the program but it wouldn't start.  So I deleted it and re-downloaded the package and reinstalled it.  Same problem.  It just won't start and the fixes suggested here as well as another recent post didn't get EDP up and running.

Update.  Another late night.  Reinstalled ML then installed EDP per instructions.  Same problem.  Double click EDP icon in Applications and it appears to begin to start, then nothing.  HMMMMM...my very first install EDP actually opened to the password screen, now nothing.  Suggestions????

Oh, and by the way, now my computer freezes after about three or four minutes...no external keyboard or mouse works either.  So I really don't have enough time to drill down to the package execute file.