installation problems at the end of the installation of 10.8.3 samsung R530

mickeymouse

hello, i followed the instructions using myhack usb installer in combination with the bootpack.

at the end of the installation i am asked by myhack for the extra folder, i select 3 times yes, at the end it says installion failed,

it will probably not boot from your disk, select disk utility.

i reboot doing nothing and in verbose mode it hangs for a minute in : pci configuration begin, it continues and it boots in mountain lion but without WIFI.

what should i do?

wifi is not unsupported, i alsways had it working with previous ML instals ( iFail ML2 ) and according to the compatibility list is also is supported.

strange this is that the bios keeps resetting with every boot aswell, i think that's why i get the install errors at the end.

Hello Herve,

My model is samsung R530 JT02. Wich according to the compatibility is wifi supported.

I will first try to install again, and what i see when i boot up from the myhack USB it also gives the pci configuration error, shortly after that the bootup continues and takes me to the install session.

I now first boot the USB with UseKernelCache=No and with npci=0x3000 now i do not get any errors, lets see what happens.

If i still have the same issues i will use your fix.

What do you mean by E/E? ( sorry kinda boob here! )

And how do i repair permission etc?

I meant noob.....

It looks like it boots in safe mode only, i cannot see my mac disk in search......

And even if i do nothing doing reboot it will automaticly boot with al the text coming by, like verbose....

I meant during reboot

today i tried something else wich brought me a litlle closer to succes:

installed OSX using myhack and the bootpack for the Samsung R530-JT02.

at the end ( after the 3 times yes ) installation failed, reboot back via USB

now i ran the MYFIX, after completion i rebooted.

now i boot from harddisk ( hangs a second on PCI configuration, then boots up normaly )

i have audio out of the box!

for working wifi i installed the latest kexts for AR9285, put the kexts in E/E and ran myfix ( full ) again.

after reboot also working WIFI,all is well up to here.....

now i am downloading and installing the EDP program, it installs fine, but it will not get me to the terminal window.

i see the EDP in programmes, but when i double click it nothing is happening.

now i rebooted and after a different chameloen look i can choose to boot OSX, it boots with apple logo, and then it turnes black.

there it stays, that's where i am now.

• Moderators

Sounds like you didn't finish the EDP process and rebooted. All your kext in Extra/Extension has been removed or backup to an Extra.backup.xx folder. What you need to do is boot with your USB installer, launch myhack and install Extra selecting your bootpack files.

Now you should be able to boot back into your HDD. Navigate to the Extra folder and run edptool.command. This will start the EDP fine tuning process.

Sounds like you didn't finish the EDP process and rebooted. All your kext in Extra/Extension has been removed or backup to an Extra.backup.xx folder. What you need to do is boot with your USB installer, launch myhack and install Extra selecting your bootpack files.
Now you should be able to boot back into your HDD. Navigate to the Extra folder and run edptool.command. This will start the EDP fine tuning process.

hello,

the problem is that the EXTRA folder is empty, no edptool.command there....

hello,

the problem is that the EXTRA folder is empty, no edptool.command there....

After some asking around it seems that the EDP package for Samsung R530 is not working at the moment,there working on it.

the EDP works now, at least for a part of it, now i can run the EDP perfectly and select model etc, after reboot, boots up normally, but wifi is gone ( installed manually ) sound is available through mic, and headphones, but through the speakers i hear nothing?!....

i heard about the EDP problems van someone at the Hackintosh.nl site.

The EDP installer should be fixed now. On some systems there would be a bug with svn permissions, that caused an empty Extra folder. If you re run our installer, it would be fixed.

I don't know why you think that the EDP package for the R530 isn't working at this moment? I heard that it did work, only no sleep. (as stated in our compatibility table).