Dell E6400/6500/M4400 Mavericks 10.9 GM

DaFOB

How quick does the laptop reboot? You might want to try with option "GeneratePStates=No" and/or "GenerateCStates=No".

The laptop reboots almost instantly when I do not use flags like -v I tried the GeneratePStates=No, GenerateCStates=No and both together yet same result. Reboot.

well what's the error? efinvram? if so update your chameleon.

I triple checked, I'm definitely using the right Chameleon version, and when I use -v it does pass the efinvram... but it doesn't KP and give me a log on screen like the article here: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2869-kp-on-appleefinvram-with-myhack-32-beta8/

Hmm thanks for the suggestions guys, any other ideas?

How quick does the laptop reboot? You might want to try with option "GeneratePStates=No" and/or "GenerateCStates=No".

I tried rebuilding the Myhack installer disc, but still no go at all. Instant reboot. I've gone as far as removing a stick of ram. I'm unable to even get an error screen. 

I tried swapping the FakeSMC file, tried with -v -x -f -s and still nadda. Any suggestions on how to even view the error screen?

• Moderators

I tried rebuilding the Myhack installer disc, but still no go at all. Instant reboot. I've gone as far as removing a stick of ram. I'm unable to even get an error screen. 

I tried swapping the FakeSMC file, tried with -v -x -f -s and still nadda. Any suggestions on how to even view the error screen?

I think I encountered something  similar on a different model. I updated the BIOS and all is good.

I think I encountered something  similar on a different model. I updated the BIOS and all is good.

You nailed it... tweaked some bios settings ( not the ahci - that was correct) and now its in the installer... I'll post all the Bios settings I am using after install completes.

Thanks so much! :)

I have installed OS X 10.9 on my latitude E6400. Everything including ethernet and sound are working, except wifi. 

I have BCM4312, so I used did various things including copying and AirPortBrcm4311.kext into the original IO80211Family.kext (and applying chmod +x), replacing IO80211Family.kext with my working Lion kext (I could never update to Mountain Lion and gave up). Replacing IONetworkingFamily.kext. After these procedures, the wifi does show up but I always get "Connection failed".  I noticed that that the wifi connects only when there is no WPA Personal or  WPA2 Personal key. But I cannot disable wifi security key in my network for security reasons. 

Could anybody tell me what the problem could be?

So with this Guide I got everything except the wifi (wifilink 5300) and Bluetooth working. as I mentioned above, here are my BIOS settings. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks again for all the help.

System Config>

-Integrated NIC - Enabled

-Parallel Port - Disabled

-Serial Port - Disabled

-Sata Operation - AHCI

-Miscellaneous Devices - enable module bay enable media card, pc card and 1394, enable external USB Port, enable micopone

Security >

CPU XD Support - Enable CPU XD Support [check]

Non-Admin Setup Changes > allow wifi carcger changes [check], allow wireless switch changes [check]

Performance>

Multicore Support [check]

Intel SpeedStep [check]

Power Management > wake on lan - disabled

Wireless > wifi catcher > enabled

Wireless Switch > Wireless Wlan Wirelesss WWan, Bluetooth

Wireless Devices > all checked

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Is the switch on the right side of the laptop in the "on" position (no red, or very little red showing?).

Oddly enough - re installing the Window's driver fixed the issue. The WiDCOMM driver needed to be upgraded apparently. That re-enabled everything.

Thanks though!

Look at the list posted in R&D->Wifi section.

Hi Hervé, I was reading about the WWan for my latitude, and saw your posting here: http://www.osxlatitude.com/wwan-modules-a-quick-guide/ I was wondering if I stuck a Dell 1390 card (which I believe is natively supported) into the WWan port of my e6400 if I could essentially have two wireless cards - my intel wifi 5300 which works well in Windows and then the second  1390 for Mavericks.

Also re the post I replied to, could you post a link.

Thanks so much!

Bren1818

-Edit: TOTALLY WORKS W00t! :-P 

Edited by bren1818