Dell E6400/6500/M4400 Mavericks 10.9 GM

DaFOB

• Administrators

By now, everyone should be aware that Intel cards are not supported in Mac OS X. Glad you sorted it out by yourself. It pays to research & try things on one's own, not just rely on permanent spoonfeeding; you proved it again.

By now, everyone should be aware that Intel cards are not supported in Mac OS X. Glad you sorted it out by yourself. It pays to research & try things on one's own, not just rely on permanent spoonfeeding; you proved it again.

I was well aware the wifi wouldn't work, I didn't mean to make it look like I was looking to be spoon fed haha. But yes researching and trying things is definitely worthwhile. My Bluetooth is picked up- but still a little glitchy, but I'll see if I can figure that out.

Regarding Intel wifi, there are some options, albeit with limited success. I know when I had an older latitude D620 with a intel wifi 3945 card and I was able to make it work using: https://code.google.com/p/iwidarwin/ and http://projectcamphor.mercurysquad.com/downloads. Just thought I'd point that out for people.

Cheers,

Bren

• Administrators

I was actually praising the fact that you did your research on your own and met success without any spoon feeding as is too often the case these days unfortunately. But that's the way the world has gone I'm afraid... Anyway, once again, congratulations for your success.

Those Intel wireless projects are actually quite old, only met limited success and have long been abandonned. But, yes, this was very interesting dev work at the time.

Look at the list posted in R&D->Wifi section.

Have checked out everything that googling led me to .

I can only connect to unsecured wifi networks, which almost don't exist, not even at home. Is there any reason why the Mavericks could distort entered passwords?

With my other OS X machines that connect to my home secured wifi I get a MAC AUTH succeeded and Airport Link up message during boot up. What is MAC AUTH, and why would it fail. I want expert advice please....

have you tried rolling back the airportd file. it's search the forum it's there.

I did replace airdportd, but my lion installation's airportd, and one or two I picked up from the net. In all cases it made the menu bar wifi icon go unresponsive with a spinning wheel when letting the cursor hover over it.

Having issues. I successfully got the initial gold master installed, and everything was working perfectly. Then I installed the final (from scratch) and the sound as well as touchpad/stick are not working. I used myhack 3.3 this time and the same attached extras I used initially. I've tried reinstalling twice, and have built a new usb installer as well. I also tried manually installing the ktexts. One thing I did notice is that during install the touchpad/stick aren't working as before. Can someone confirm what version of myhack they are using? Wondering if something there is causing the problem since initially I think I used the beta of myhack with initial mavericks support.

I installed Maverick on my E6400 without any problems, I have previously used 10.8.4  and for maverick test install i have put new disk in my laptop. After successfull instalation and everything working I transfered all data from old system to new via migration assistant. Sadly enough I formatted old drive. I even completed few retarts after transfer of old files (i didn't transfer system settings because everything worked OOB). Now i can boot my system only in safe mode via -v switch. If i try to start normally I get VoodooHDA kernel panic, two Apple kext dependencies are supposedly missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I did not touch extra folder since install.