Time Machine + Bootloaders

Charles Albert

Hello guys. When I was using the 10.6 on my D630 I was making and recovering backups sucessfully with the Time Machine feature. Of course, since is a procedure very similar to a new installation, it ruins the bootloader. This wasn't much of a problem, because i had a bootloader cd from leppy from InsaneMac that always worked well and even had the post-installs inside the cd as well, so all that was needed was recover the system with time machine, boot up with the CD and then do the post-installation procedure.

But after the update to 10.6.6, i've lost the ability to recover those time machine backups, because I can't boot from the cd anymore, it just loads eternally in the gray loading screen (probably due to the difference between the old kexts inside the cd and the kexts needed for 10.6.6 to work properly). So I was wondering if there's a way to make a boot cd from the most up-to-date bootloader and EDP, if possible without the MacOSX, and not on a USB pendrive. The procedure to do so is anything near the instructions to make the USB installer described here (http://www.osxlatitude.com/groups/d4xosx/wiki/94855/Howto_install_OSX_on_your_Dell_Latitude.html)?

Thanks in advance.

Why not just take a copy of your /extra and shove it on a virgin SL CD? Hmm that sounds kinda sexual .. but I think u get the idea. :-)

Hello guys. When I was using the 10.6 on my D630 I was making and recovering backups sucessfully with the Time Machine feature. Of course, since is a procedure very similar to a new installation, it ruins the bootloader. This wasn't much of a problem, because i had a bootloader cd from leppy from InsaneMac that always worked well and even had the post-installs inside the cd as well, so all that was needed was recover the system with time machine, boot up with the CD and then do the post-installation procedure.

But after the update to 10.6.6, i've lost the ability to recover those time machine backups, because I can't boot from the cd anymore, it just loads eternally in the gray loading screen (probably due to the difference between the old kexts inside the cd and the kexts needed for 10.6.6 to work properly). So I was wondering if there's a way to make a boot cd from the most up-to-date bootloader and EDP, if possible without the MacOSX, and not on a USB pendrive. The procedure to do so is anything near the instructions to make the USB installer described here (http://www.osxlatitu...l_Latitude.html)?

Thanks in advance.