edptool.command is not in the extra folder?

Oleander2911

Hello, i have finally after some hard work installed mac osx ml on my latitude 6230.

And then i reach the state where i wanna install the edp, but as i can read of the website, it seems that there are some problems running it from the application folder, so you have to do it manually.

This is the text under the download of the EDP says: "At the moment there are some problems with the start up application. When the EDP application from /Application doesn’t work, please open it manual! Open edptool.command from within /Extra! icon_smile.gif . Terminal will open and after your password, EDP will be started.

Our apologies"

Then i go under my extra folder, i both look under my usb installation stick, and also my computer, and there is not edptool.command under the extra folder... what to do? can i type the command my self, or is there somewhere i can download the edptool.command.

Thanks 
Chris

Presumably, you installed using the bootpack in that section of the EDP tab? And under the EDP tab at the top of any page here, you went to the download and downloaded the framework? That should put the EDP into your / Applications. If it is not working from Applications, look in your Extra folder.

Hello, thanks for your asnwer and yes i did:)

And then when i have installed the EDP, it is in my /Applications
Then when i try to open/run it, it does nothing.

Then i read on the EDP Framwork download page that there was this problem about starting the EDP Framework, and they say i have to run it manual.
And running it manual means open edptool.command under extras... but there is no edptool.command under any extra folders i can find on both the computer and the installation usb stick, so if someone can attach that file i think i will solve my problem.

Im using ML 10.8

Thanks

I am seeing the same problem with the current EDP (3-4 day build). If I try to install it I get errors  and it blanks out my /Extra folder.  I end up having to restore it from back /Extra folder.  I have opened an issue on this in the google bug tracking site.  I was told it was fixed and to try the new installer.  But that is not the case.  It is still very broken.

Hope it gets fixed soon.  I need to update to 10.8.3 and may have to run EDP before I can do that.

Obviously, there is an issue with EDP currently. Presumably, it has been brought to the attention of the site administration and they are looking into it. Please check back periodically to see if the status has been updated.

It would be nice if the old version was still available. Maybe a previous version section can be made, If that was there I would be fine right now instead of a unusable laptop... Im not really complaining you guys do a hell of a job just a suggestion.

It would be nice if the old version was still available. Maybe a previous version section can be made, If that was there I would be fine right now instead of a unusable laptop... Im not really complaining you guys do a hell of a job just a suggestion.

Exactly, it would solve so many problems!

But anyway, does any of you have the file edptool.command under your extras? if so could you please attach it to this thread.

Thank your

Chris

The problem has been identified and efforts are being made to remedy the issue. It is in everyone's best interest to remedy this, please be patient as it is repaired and tested to make sure there are no additional issues that will need looking at.

I made that same suggestion as an addition to my latest issue.  I wish that when Im requested to test or retest if an issue has been resolve that in fact a new version was available.  Not sure who worked my previous issue but they requested I retest with the newest version when I was reporting on the newest version.  I retested anyway and it did the same thing.  Hence my relisting the issue in bug tracking.

I am  not complaining either, just passing on information in hopes of making OSX Latitudes even more awesome than it is.  I totally respect and look up to all the senior members here.  They do an awesome job of making mountain lions out of pieces of plastic and steel!

Exactly, it would solve so many problems!

But anyway, does any of you have the file edptool.command under your extras? if so could you please attach it to this thread.

Thank your

Chris

Hey Chris its not there for anyone using this version of EDP.  So just wait for the newest one and then it should all be good.

Spazz 0ut!

OK its back.  Install the new download and maybe run edptool.command via GUI from the /Extra folder.  Then build to your specs.   :)