optiplex 745

keithdee

thank you for your assistance, i've got running lion on my dc7700 sff ... everything ok (change graphic card gf210 instead on-board) create dstd from linux livecd (hackintosh-india).... but experienced some issues with slow sata... and finally found this forum about optiplex 745 with the same mobo as my.....

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Todmeister,

I'm trying to install Lion 10.7.5 on an Opti 745.  LIke you I had to the IOATAFamily Kext to solve the problem with not seeing the SATA hard drive during install.  I removed all add on graphics card for now (one thing at a time) and using the built in Intel HD3000.  After adding IOATA, the installation completed, but after rebooting, I now stall with the 'Still waiting for root device' error.  Did you encounter this?  If so, how did you resolve?  On another note, once I get this up and running (eventually), I plan to add in a Nvidia 7300GS, very similiar to your card.  You mentioned adding in 64-bit versions of NVEnabler.kext and NVInject.kext ....may I ask where you obtained these kexts?

Regards your wifi, over on the tonycrapx86 site, on the custom build section, there is a wifi addon card listed for desktops that apparently is supported natively by OS x out of the box.  TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 PCI Express Adapter, 2.4GHz 450Mbps/5GHz 450Mbps, IEEE 802.1a/b/g/n, WEP/WPA/WPA2   

If anyone else has any thoughts about the 'Still waiting for root device' error, please feell free to reply.  Thanks all.

Tried to boot with PciRoot=1 ? What add-on graphic card did you have before removal?

nVidia kexts should be available off kexts.com (I know NVEnabler is).

Herve,

I've tried various combination of flags.  PCIRootUID=0,=1=2  USBBusFix=Yes/No, nothing so far.

I removed the add on graphic card before I even started this exercise, so that shouldn't be effecting anything. That card has never been in the machine during this process.  Was waiting to get everything else working with built in HD3000 first before introducing another variable.  Maybe the HD3000 is the problem? And I should bypass it and go straight to my add on card, which is Nvidia 7300GS PCIe

I  decided to use the -x flag to boot into safe mode.  It did boot, then I think I made a mistake by then trying to run InstallEDP, not realizing that the program is unable to complete entirely if booted in safe mode.  This left the Extras folder quite a mess with all kinds of left over files, and now the machine won't boot at all.  I will have to restore back to the backup Extras folder, and then keep trying configuration flags I guess.  QUESTION:  if there is a flag or option in the org.chameleon.plist, for example USBBusFix=Yes, if I enter a counter flag at the command line during boot, does that OVERRIDE any setting in the org.chameleon.plist file?  So if I said USBBusFix=No on the command line, does that override the Yes flag in the plist file?

There are pre-built option in the org.chameleon.plist file put there by the MyFix utility, I don't know if I need to edit the plist file, or can just override them on the command line.