optiplex 745

keithdee

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

No, I'm trying to figure out how to build one myself. Could you point me in the right direction.

sadly not.. i'm not a DSDT guy... i found mine online and re-modded it a bit..

• Administrators

Dident have time for it, since i dident have it long enough.

However, we agreed yesterday that all new machines will get a review on the blog.

However, you are welcome to write one :)

i have an optiplex 755 (usff) running Lion. the graphics suck (and there's no way to put another video card in the smallest one). there's no built in wifi (i'm using a hawking usb adapter) but it boots fine, runs ok.

but the graphics limitations have me thinking of putting windows7 on it and giving it to my mom and dad; though i have 3 of these usff and i'm willing to test EDP packages if you guys like.

i have 2 755s and a 760 (all usff)...

just to let you know; i tried the new edp pkg. first boot kp.

but she's running fine so far. mine is the usff so i'm sure the dsdt isn't quite right, and i'm sure the graphics will never be right.

who's got a stock dsdt for the 755 usff? i'll give it a try.

edit: it appears i need to boot with -v -f arch=i386 flags or she panics. just a fyi.

• Administrators

Dear Chas,

EDP has an Extra for Optiplex 745. If you have the latest EDP downloaded you can try the dsdt.aml in /Extra/Models/Dell_Optiplex_745/common.

The chipset for 755 is different for 745 so the dsdt.aml are not the same.

Cheer!

I have a dell optiplex 760 running 10.6.8(no QE), I have no flash support on 10.6.8, but I'm going to downgrade 10.6.3 for flash support.

intel core 2 duo e7400 2.8ghz

2bg ram

500 gb harddrive

intel q43 graphics

How would i find out if NVidia Quadro NVS 290 DMS-59 256MB half Height PCI-E Video Card would give me QE?

Yes, it does have QI/QE. I have the the older version of that (NVS 280) on my old HP7600 Pentium D 945 running OS X 10.6.8.

Dear Chas,

EDP has an Extra for Optiplex 745. If you have the latest EDP downloaded you can try the dsdt.aml in /Extra/Models/Dell_Optiplex_745/common.

The chipset for 755 is different for 745 so the dsdt.aml are not the same.

Cheer!

ok, i'm trying to run this on the 755 and 760 usff. it's working but just barely.

can't update (keeps saying the os won't install on the machine).

i'm thinking the limited video capabilities on these usff styles is going to make them pretty frustrating.

i'm waiting on a sff 760 i just purchased from the shopgoodwill site to arrive; i'll give it a shot when it arrives.

I'm trying to install Snow Leopard onto a freshly built Opti 745 (must be SL, because MUST have Rosetta). I have built a MyHack install USB following the preinstall instructions, using the bootpack from the downloads section (Opti 745, Snow Leopard build).

My configuration is this:

Opti 745

C2D 1.86

2GB Ram

320GB WD Caviar 7800RPM in two partitions - 1) Mac OS X Journaled for Mac OS, 2) NTFS with Windows already installed.

ATI Radeon X1300 Pro 256mb

Belkin 54g Wifi PCI card (v1000 Broadcom version)

When I start it up, it freezes almost instantly, in verbose it complains about a Non-POSTed ATI card (which works fine under WinXP), then a line about an improper number of ports, then hang.

So I thought, okay, I'll take out the video card. I do, and the installer boots completely and takes me to the OS install, but when I get to the point of selecting a drive to install to, none of the hard disk partitions are visible. Launch Disk Utility from the installer, same thing, no disks visible.

So what all am I doing wrong? I'm assuming I have to have some bios settings set differently.