Need help with Shuttle XS35 GT

niad

I have the first version of the Shuttle XS35 GT. Apparently both the first version and V2 is called "XS35 GT 804". Mine has an Atom 510 and V2 has Atom525 as i gather it.

I have made plenty of MyHack Usb sticks for my different systems during the last years and now when i saw that the XS35GT was a supported system with Bootpack and EDP i wanted to try it.

I have tried all boot flags i can come to think of and still not gotten the installer up and running. It either reboots when the graphic installer shall start or i get a black screen via the VGA port at the same state ( i have not tried HDMI yet).

Has anyone gotten Mountain Lion witch is the supported OS up and running on the XS35 GT yet?

I cannot read in the matrix over supported functions what is supposed to work, is the XS35 GT fully supported in ML?

Any help would be much appreciated

niklas

• Administrators

Hi,

Its correct, you need a specific kernel that can be found in EDP - sadly we have not fully activated the use of patched kernels in the Boot Pack Generator so for now it takes a bit of manual work.

1. Download this kernel: https://osxlatitude-edp.googlecode.com/svn/model-data/Shuttle_XS35GT_804/ml/custom_kernel
  2. Copy it to the root of your myhack usb pen
  3. Change the org.chameleon.boot.plist in /Extra on the usb pen
  4. Make sure you have the two lines below

Kernel
custom_kernel

... if not.. add the lines, safe the file and try booting of the pen...

Thank you!

I have now booted into the installer and gotten ML installed without issues. Now i want to boot ML but the message i get directly after the bootloader from the USB Stick is "could not find custom_kernel...

I guess i need to copy the kernel to the installed os now or give the right path to the custom_kernel as a bootflag.

I have tried to write mach_kernel and it starts to boot but goes black as the OS shall start. I also tried /Extra/custom_kernel but it has to be some other path...

• Administrators

yes, you need to copy the custom_kernel to root of your harddisk.. this can be done by booting into the installer and using the terminal to copy it.

Thanks i will try it, during this time i renamed "custom_kernel" in the stick to "mach_kernel" and changed the chameleon .plist file also to mach_kernel. I could by that way boot into the installed os but i have no network adapters... 

Can i run EDP in some way without network to get network to be recognized or what should be my next step?

Is there any drivers/kexts i can load in some way to get the wlan or physical adapter to work in the Shuttle XS35 GT? Who put it in the supported list? I still do not know what to expect, what is supported and what is not?

ML works stable and fine but maybe a bit slow on this machine