Leon

BCM4352 combo card  

254 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in the BCM4352 combo card

• Yes - I am considering
    • Yes - where do i order
    • Dont care
    • No way!

Hey gents. Hope all is well. I did end up getting this card and want to thank you all for the hard work behind the Bluetooth fix.

The Wifi is working with ID updates, but I can't test new antennas to try to get the 5g speed until my new ac router comes in.

Will post any findings. 

Here is a link i think everyone here will appreciate. Its the card for around $30. I bought a few just in case they want to raise the price. 

http://www.embeddedworks.net/pdetail...FUqk4AodODoABA

2eezpg5.png

hi. sorry for my silly question, but isn't simpler to buy the bcm94360cd? the same that apple uses on their imac 2013 (wireless ac + bluetooth 4.0 with 4 antennas). the only issue is to find the adapter (from apple to mini pci express)

i found this one, selling on taobao online store. they even sell separately the card and the adapter.

i can't find them on ebay, damn it!

post-4953-0-79562600-1383562639_thumb.jpg

The problem is that the chip has to be made in a form factor that PCs can be used. As far as I know, currently this card is the only AC card that is supported. As a laptop user, I need to have the card as half-mini PCIe card; Apple uses proprietary form factors. 

Hey man, just wanted to say thanks for the multiple installation options, it helps us learn and makes things easier.

I just had one question, about the 5GHz band, has Apple not released a 5GHz card as of yet? are there alpha/beta drivers I could test?

Otherwise this card is a beast! Especially in Windows on the 5GHz band

Got my combo card this morning in the mail! Ordered from EmbeddedWorks.net for $35, with shipping + UPS brokerage crud it came to around $70.

Wifi + BT work OOB in Windows. On Mavericks wifi is working (install method #2) but bluetooth is nowhere to be found. I've tried adding the info to the broadcom bluetooth kext & using BTFirmwareUploader but it's not working. In IOREG I can see it under AppleUSBEHCI/BCM20702A0@1a110000 & product & vendor ID are correct.

I thought maybe my BT was screwed up under this install so I tried on another & same issue arises. I'm not sure if this is relevant but System Report shows no pci cards installed. I've tried using different sysdefs & tried booting without my dsdt/ssdt (autopatching via clover) but nothing is working. Oh & I did try shutting down completely as well.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm going to try a reinstall but failing that I'm not sure what to do.

4AM EDIT: I tried Toledas bcm4352.kext with the toledaArpt.kext & wifi & BT are working!

Bluetooth in BCM4352 requires firmware patch in RAM in order to work properly, so injecting id's into Bluetooth kext which is done by toleda kext is not enough to get it working fully. Using toleda kext bluetooth might get detected but won't worry properly unless new firmware is uploaded by my kext for Half Mini PCIe BCM4352 cards in notebooks and I can confirm this. So, I suggest you to

follow this thread for more details on bluetooth: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2925-bluetooth-firmware-uploader/

and for WiFi I have updated this thread with more details.