Lion GPT error boot...

censor

Have install lion 10.7.3 on optiplex 745 have run EDP and build  defualt drivers and reboot it and get  boot:0 error GPT:boot, doesnt edp install one bootloader so i dont have to boot with usb or cd? 

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

Reboot off your USB key installer, interrupt the boot process and point to your freshly made Lion installation/HDD Lion partition. Once in Lion, re-install Chameleon and, if required, update to v2248 using Chameleon Wizard.

EDP does not install Chameleon, no, it merely updates it if you choose to do so; however, myHack should have done it but, sometimes, this fails...

• Administrators

Download a Chameleon installer off the web, but it looks like you've sorted that part out...

Try options such as PCIRoot=1 npci=0x2000/0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No, you know, the usual stuff. Did you read the various existing posts about the Optiplex 745?

Did a reinstall of lion first reboot works but as soon i have  run the edp and reboot i get " still waiting fro root decive" i did a upgrade  chemoleon now

Try to boot up with PCIRoot=1 npci=0x2000/0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No but samething and i have to boot up from usbdongle  and choose Lion it can still not boot from hdd. See attached pic

post-7365-0-22625300-1372581808_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Do you mean ATI Radeon Pro X1300 (X300 is a old laptop graphics chip if I'm not mistaken)? That is unsupported in Lion and above, only in SL (I posted the way to do it). The built-in Intel GMA3000 graphics is totally unsupported under Mac OS X.