Samsung NP300E7A

Natpnk

Hi Everybody,

The last few days i am very busy with my new laptop to running Mac OSX. I have made big steps forward since two days. I am having to following hardware inside my laptop.

Samsung NP300E7A (17")

Intel HD3000 

Intel i3 2350M 2,30GHz

6 GB Ram

I can install Mac OS X with Myhack and i can play with it after the installation. But my videocard is not working OOB. So i have installed some kext files and deleted the other graphics kexts from here:

http://www.tonycrapx86.com/mountain-lion-laptop-support/68854-hd3000-full-acceleration-10-8-qe-ci.html

When i have do this my computer won't start not even is safe-mode. So i have checked my boot plist.

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1024x768x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>PciRoot</key>
<string>0</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

My computer hangs at: [iOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed

Before the driver installation he can boot and even the webcam and sleep worked OOB. So i think there is a good change to make the laptop work. Have anyone experience with this hardware and maybe this problem?

Best Regards,

Patrick 

Hey Patrik,

You will need a patched DSDT and SSDT tabels to get this machine running optimal - consider sponsoring one here.

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1945-dsdtssdt-patching/

Okay thats an option too. I am now trying with kexts, I had it working last time but then i saw artifacts and purple lines in the lcd screen. I think this can caused by the framebuffer. Is there anything known about this hardware and about the HD3000 mobile? I didn't read much about it around the web. Maybe there is an sort of same hardware whats is working? 

PS: I have not an windows installation on this laptop so i can't export the data for an DSDT or an SSDT, I consider to make an donation and a tutorial if it works on my laptop,

Okay thats an option too. I am now trying with kexts, I had it working last time but then i saw artifacts and purple lines in the lcd screen. I think this can caused by the framebuffer. Is there anything known about this hardware and about the HD3000 mobile? I didn't read much about it around the web. Maybe there is an sort of same hardware whats is working? 

PS: I have not an windows installation on this laptop so i can't export the data for an DSDT or an SSDT, I consider to make an donation and a tutorial if it works on my laptop,

If you don't have Windows then try Linux way by creating Live CD/USB(you don't have to install OS, can boot from this Live CD/USB) and extract the files by following the steps in the link:https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1945-dsdtssdt-patching/ and send those files along with the specifications of your notebook for patching.

Mostly HD3000 works OOB, but if you have third Gen CPU chipset like HM7x then you have a problem with the frame buffer, so you need some edits to get this GPU working. However, there are some minor issues with this frame buffer edits for the chipset HM7X still like sometimes getting artifacts but its working fine after sleep without issues.

If you don't have Windows then try Linux way by creating Live CD/USB(you don't have to install OS, can boot from this Live CD/USB) and extract the files by following the steps in the link:https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1945-dsdtssdt-patching/ and send those files along with the specifications of your notebook for patching.

Mostly HD3000 works OOB, but if you have third Gen CPU chipset like HM7x then you have a problem with the frame buffer, so you need some edits to get this GPU working. However, there are some minor issues with this frame buffer edits for the chipset HM7X still like sometimes getting artifacts but its working fine after sleep without issues.

Thanks for your answer. I wil make asap and export of the reqeusted data. Is there a short work around for the thrid gen? I had it working last time but then i saw purple lines and artifacts in my screen. Also the resultion was zoomed in. Or must i wait to get the DSDT for full support of the videocard? I agree to minimal artifacts.