ML on Dell Optiplex 745 mini tower

LaFemme69

• Moderators

I'm so hard pressed to get ML installed is because I have an Orico USB 3 card that works natively with ML 10.8.2, but not on Lion.

2ndly, there have been threads reporting that ML can be installed on dell 745 mini tower but when I tried, no success.

Unless, there is a 3rd party kext to work for USB 3 Fresco Logic chipset that would work for Lion.

thanx.

kd

Try this http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=3745. I have not tried it on Lion as I'm only running Mountain Lion, but please report back your result.

Edit: I don't believe Dell OptiPlex 745 model has USB 3.0 ports.

Try this http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=3745. I have not tried it on Lion as I'm only running Mountain Lion, but please report back your result.

Edit: I don't believe Dell OptiPlex 745 model has USB 3.0 ports.

thank you for the link.

do I use kext utility to install the kext?  or would you recommend another app that can do it?

katie

...EDIT....

I did not install Lion with MyHack so what I ended up doing is using Kext Wizard to install the kext from the link above, repair permission and rebuild cache then reboot......

just WONDERFUL, MARVELOUS!!!!  after reboot, VOILA......USB 3 is seen in the System Report.  Tried with a USB 3 flash drive, speed up to 5GB/s.  Also tried with a USB 2 flash drive, also works.  Just hope that it's a stable kext that will continue to work.  Used to have PXCHD usb 3 kext and it was so unreliable.  sometimes it works, some times not or it would crash.

I have a USB 3 PCIe card from Orico with Fresco Logic FL1009 chipset which works natively with Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and higher, that's why I was eager to get ML installed but if this works well, I'm willing to stick with Lion 10.7.5 since I no way could install ML onto my mini tower.

I will update if something goes wrong with the kext.

thank you so much everyone for helping.

kd

• Moderators

thank you for the link.

do I use kext utility to install the kext?  or would you recommend another app that can do it?

katie

Assuming you're installing with myHack, then extract the file to E/E and then run myFix to fix permission and update cache.