[Solved] My SSDT cause panic which reports P-State Stepper Error

HaseeMac

Hi, all

Here I just want to load my SSDT to implement the CPU speedstep. If I use the SSDT shared by some guys, it can work well. But now I just want to try my SSDT by doing follows:

1. Use  the AIDA64 tool to extract SSDT file (6 files in total)

2. Load the six SSDT files by using DSDT editor and fix the compilation error

3. Put those stuff into /Extra folder
  4. Starting the OS by using chamleon

At last, it give the error as below:

panic(CPU 3 caller 0xffffff7f819d1545): P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 35 in context...

My CPU is Intel Sandy Bridge [email protected] HZ.

Original SSDT: SSDT_original.zip

Updated SSDT: SSDT.zip

(In fact, I only found SSDT-3.aml and SSDT-5.aml have compilation error.

And SSDT-3.aml is about the video card)

Can someone help this? Many thanks!

Solved:

Many thanks to EMlyDinEsH's help. After applied to the artifacts (DSDT & SSDT patch) provided by EMlyDinEsH, my CPU speedstep now work well.

The following actions also can work well:

1. shutdown & sleep & wake  (not testing deep sleep)

2. brightness adjust

3. battery information with the orginal AppleACPIPlatform

(depend on AppleACPIBatteryManager)

Great work. Once i need to change some non 8-bit register variables to 8-bit for    

using AppleACPIBatteryManager. But now EMlyDinEsH seems didn't do such

repetitive work, the battery info have been showed up in the menu bar 

on my lion 10.8.4.  :D

4. wifi

5. disable GT540

(here, EMlyDinEsh may miss something. I have updated this.)

Thanks EMlyDinEsh again. You are my hero. :)

...It sounds like you didn't use the MyHack + EDP method. Did you? Also try boot flag cpus=1 -v and message me a pic of what it looks like

...It sounds like you didn't use the MyHack + EDP method. Did you? Also try boot flag cpus=1 -v and message me a pic of what it looks like

Would you please provide more details about "MyHack + EDP" method? :D  

Also now I hadn't the laptop with me. I need to test this after work... Sorry for this. :mellow:

• Administrators

myHack + OSXL bootpacks are our recommended method for installing Mac OS X on systems listed under our compatibility chart. EDP is our post-installation fine-tuning tool that aims to activate those features that may not be functional after initial installation.

In all cases, bootpacks + EDP only apply to models we have validated and included in our database. If you have a model that is not covered at the moment, then those matters don't really apply to you, but we can help you contribute to add your system to our list.

In the case of your SSDT, if you need patching, place a request by following the process detailed here:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1945-dsdtssdt-patching/

• Like 1

Hi, all

Here I just want to load my SSDT to implement the CPU speedstep. If I use the SSDT shared by some guys, it can work well. But now I just want to try my SSDT by doing follows:

Can someone help this? Many thanks!

You need patched SSDT files for solving this error. Also the GPU related SSDT file needs to be merged with DSDT if its Optimus GPU for disabling the card otherwise just ignore this file. Here are the patched ssdt files for your processor, try this and let me know.

SSDT_Patched.zip

You need patched SSDT files for solving this error. Also the GPU related SSDT file needs to be merged with DSDT if its Optimus GPU for disabling the card otherwise just ignore this file. Here are the patched ssdt files for your processor, try this and let me know.

Thanks so much for your work! Also I am very sorry to the late response.  :(

I just put 3 SSDT stuff patched by you into /Extra. And I got a new panic as below:

post-12485-0-57862800-1373559501_thumb.png

post-12485-0-08138800-1373559564_thumb.png

Can you help on this?

• Like 1

boot into single user mode ( -s ) and you can undo your changes from there, and if you have a backup of the original extra replace it and run myfix -t /. only do that with a backup, if you don't, you will have to find a way to edit the ssdt's which is way beyond my realm :)

boot into single user mode ( -s ) and you can undo your changes from there, and if you have a backup of the original extra replace it and run myfix -t /. only do that with a backup, if you don't, you will have to find a way to edit the ssdt's which is way beyond my realm :)

Really thanks for your help again.  :)  I will try to update my ssdt based on your patch (in fact, i think your patch really looks good from which i learned a lot)

Also, i have sent my windows dump & linux dump to dsdtssdt@osxlatitude.com. If you are free, please help me look. Thanks again.

myHack + OSXL bootpacks are our recommended method for installing Mac OS X on systems listed under our compatibility chart. EDP is our post-installation fine-tuning tool that aims to activate those features that may not be functional after initial installation.

In all cases, bootpacks + EDP only apply to models we have validated and included in our database. If you have a model that is not covered at the moment, then those matters don't really apply to you, but we can help you contribute to add your system to our list.

In the case of your SSDT, if you need patching, place a request by following the process detailed here:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1945-dsdtssdt-patching/

Many thanks for your guidance. I have sent my OS dumps to [email protected]