Tweeking M4300

madmax

Hi,

I am starting this to have people post the chameleon setting they use to see what works and maybe to enhance the systems performance.

Maybe we can find out thats the best setup the this model.

The setting I am posting is a bit slow but works so far.

post-1671-0-63745800-1373619858_thumb.png

I too am looking at the M4300, as a 2nd computer. Have done several D620/630 hackintosh, so not totally new to this site. 

Money's a little short right now and I've found quite the deal on a M4300 with the 15" 1920 x 1200 display. Pretty enormous resolution. Never had a notebook with so much screen real estate. 

Looks to have the standard specs. Core 2 Duo T7500   2,20 Ghz Centrino 2 processor and the 1920x1200 resolution. No mention of video card, but the Dell web site seems to indicate there is only the one video card: the NVIDIA® Quadro® FX 360M. 

From the EDP page it seems to be one of the most Hackintosh compatible models out there, compatible with all 4 Mac OSes. I'd probably be looking to install Lion and Windows 7. 

Question for madmax: Do you get the 1920 x 1200 resolution out of the box? Works fine? I see from your sig that you're using an Apple Airport Extreme card. Works out of the box? It would save me some hassle for wireless, as I've got a spare Airport Extreme lying around at home. 

Any help greatly appreciated. 

• Administrators

Hi,

Yes, the M4300 only comes with the nVidia card as far as I know since it is a Mobile Workstation model.

Max. LCD resolution is usually supported OOB with any graphics card/chip that is supported by Mac OS (whether natively or with patched kext). With nVidia GPUs, I've never seen this being an issue.

All Airport Extreme cards will work OOB, that's what Apple use in their own machine.

Hi as Hervé said,

the resolution ist suported oob (no patching needed). The supplied wifi card was not supportet so I purchased a airport extreem card that will work without modification.

I think it is a pretty good Notebook with a good relation in price and performance.

regards,

madmax