New to this: AMD Phenom II x4 965/Asus M5A97/HiS Hd 7770

Dijas

Hey all, I'm new to the hackintosh scene, but I'm very computer versed, and I think I'll be able to manage this.

Normally I do all my gaming on my PC, and everything else on my Mac, but the mac is getting slow and I want to run both on the PC

Specs are as follows:

ASUS M5A97 motherboard uefi

AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4ghz BE

2x HiS HD 7770 ghz editon graphics cards

8gb DDr3 SportsFX ram

2x 500gb Sata HDD

Does this look possible? I know asus boards have support to some extent, and the Phenom II 965 is a popular CPU.

Where should I begin with this? 

Thanks.

EUFI's aren't supported yet, as far as i know. ask the admins more about it. i think you could boot off of iFail and use the install chameleon application there to get started, but just installing the OSX boot loader is the main issue that i see.

EUFI's aren't supported yet, as far as i know. ask the admins more about it. i think you could boot off of iFail and use the install chameleon application there to get started, but just installing the OSX boot loader is the main issue that i see.

I've seen several tutorials on uefi hackintoshes. 

I've seen threads, on here even, of people successfully installing OSX with an M5A97. Only problem is they never entail how.

Other than that, is the CPU and everything else fine?

It seems fine.... Dude listen- send me a message via the my messenger thing and i'll help you out there. It's in the bios.

MacMacMac, it is an AMD system, so it isn't fine. AMD won't work as good as Intel, unfortunately. UEFI isn't a problem, and when something like secure boot would break it, you just could switch to classic BIOS. (on almost any motherboard).

However, you would be able to install Lion or Mountain Lion. I would advise Lion, because Mountain Lion has a lot of graphic issues yet. You can install with myHack, and using my Extra folder.

Download the AMD bootpacks: http://storage.osxlatitude.com/?dir=amd/bootpacks

(take the one for your processor)

MacMacMac, it is an AMD system, so it isn't fine. AMD won't work as good as Intel, unfortunately. UEFI isn't a problem, and when something like secure boot would break it, you just could switch to classic BIOS. (on almost any motherboard).

However, you would be able to install Lion or Mountain Lion. I would advise Lion, because Mountain Lion has a lot of graphic issues yet. You can install with myHack, and using my Extra folder.

Download the AMD bootpacks: http://storage.osxlatitude.com/?dir=amd/bootpacks

(take the one for your processor)

Um... As far as I know Lion doesn't have 7xxx support yet. Mountain lion has partial support.