Quick Question

I'm looking at the hp probook 4530s, but i can only find the 4535s. Are there any major differences that i should worry about before i buy or should i just go ahead? It has all the specs i'm looking for and I'm hoping it works out. let me know if it is the same thing (roughly) and i will get the laptop. Please reply I only have a couple of days until i change wireless services. Thanks!

Knowing that AMD is harder to work with. Would I be stuck with tonycrapx86 or can somebody build an extra? I will post it all over this forum

Acknowledging that you are new to this, and that AMD processors are more challenging to deal with, I would suggest working with an Intel processor to be wiser. There is a lot more access to references and help. As for posting it all over this forum, it is best to keep things neat and orderly, posting things in the appropriate areas where members can know where to search and find the information they are looking for without weeding through clutter.

With AMD you aren't stuck with tonycrapx86 off course. Btw, the best AMD developers are on InsanelyMac. There aren't on tonycrap. 

But if you choose for AMD you have some limitations... No Mavericks, and Mountain Lion is buggy. No iCloud services etc. It will just not work like an Intel.

• Like 1

Another related question- since amd is buggy can I replace the processor with an i7? I think it might be soldered in but I'm not sure.

Another related question- since amd is buggy can I replace the processor with an i7? I think it might be soldered in but I'm not sure.

No, you can never replace an AMD processor with an Intel. This is due to the difference in CPU socket. It just won't fit (and won't work).