D620. Snow Leopard Install trouble.

jay84

Picked up a dell D620 laptop and thought I would install a Max OS on it as I want to try app development and I must say it has proven frustrating. Tried myhack and iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) and couldn't get to the Mac install screen. Then I found a guide on you tube following this I managed to get SL installed. Wifi didn't work so I bought a new card and updated to 10.6.8 which promptly crashed my wifi and killed my touchpad sensitivity . Managed to get the wifi working with a new kext but the touchpad was still cactus and xcode wouldn't work. 

Did a reinstall but am currently trying get the myhack / edp install working so I can update properly to 10.6.8. I have followed the Myhack guide perfectly, have done the bios settings but cant seem to get the usb to work. It lets me boot to it but crashes every time Pic Attached.

I have installed xcode  from the snow leopard install disk but it fails to load. Which I assume is due to my set up is not completely optimized. 

If anyone get help it would be great.

post-12745-0-53929700-1374046583_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the reply. How do I replace or update the Myhack install usb's Chameleon with an updated copy. I tried to install directly to the usb but the install failed. I am using the lastest  Myhack 3.2beta 8

• Administrators

From the Mac/Hack you used to create your USB installer, run one of the latest Chameleon Wizard app and update the Chameleon bootloader that's on your USB installer.

You do this through the "Install" tab in the wizard, select your USB installer as target partition at the bottom, select your Cham version at the top (r2248 or above) then click "install".

That should do it.

Cham_update_ChamWizard.png

Thanks for the help this is driving me crazy as nothing seems to be working right for me. I  got it updated to 2254 however still getting panic different now though before the install part.

Do i need to use the myhack install to get epd to work? I have SL running can I just reinstall using the method that works then install the osxlatitude bootpack instead of my current one? Or does the Myhack install add other files needed for edp to work?

post-12745-0-07509200-1374312205_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Use the OSXL bootpack when you build your myHack USB installer and when prompted for your "Extra" folder during installation. Once you've completed 1st boot installation finalisation, you can download+install+run EDP and do a system build.

I have created the myHack usb installer with the osxl bootpack. When I go to run it, I select the usb install and it loads for a bit then crashes to the pics I have  displayed ( the 2nd pic is after I updated chameleon on the usb installer).

Intel ® Core 2 duo. 

Intel 945gm Graphics. - yet when i get system  info  in the os it lists nvidia graphics card. I have tried both bootpacks just to make sure.

Anyway thanks for the help, giving up on this one.