Install OSX on Lenovo Thinkpad X201s (and maybe x201)

Leon

Dear all

Thanks for this topics. I'm new to hackintoshing and I own a X201 i5 on which I just succeeded to install OSX Yosemite. I have not used the myHack method but the beast one (not too sure I'm allowed to mention that here...). 

Graphics with QE/CI is working almost OOB using the kext and framebuffer from my post here below

I used the DSDT file from this post and sleep/wake is working just fine. The USB does not seem to have issue at this point (Except USB is ejected during sleep)

Wifi and bluetooth are not working. I first have to mod my BIOS and change the wifi card I suppose?

Before going to the BIOS mod and PCI card change, I would like to be sure everything else will be working. 

Up to now I can't manage to have any sound coming out. I have used the Mavericks kext of this post. I have the voodoo tab in settings but nothing happen when I try to read music. I have tried to update to VoodooHDA 2.8.7 but same situation.

My other problem is I can't get the iMessage apple id account to register. Any clue on that?

Thanks to anyone that can give me tips...

• Administrators

Great progress - and yes - you are allowed to discuss almost everything here you want.. we are no tonycrap or IM.. :)

Would you mind posting your "extra" folder ?

imessage can be tricky as hell.. but there is a few guides around that could help.

I have the x201s myself but havent been experimenting with yos yet

So in fact sound is working... I just had to select the right output in prefs... (it actually was set on headphones... stupid me...)

So I've got everything working except the Wifi and bluetooth. For the bluetooth, is it provided by the same card than the Wifi?

To get the Wifi to work :

I have updated my BIOS to 1.40 when I was under windows XP before installing Yosemite.

Can you tell me how I can flash the No Whitelist BIOS patch under mac os? And do I need to patch with the original BIOS provided in the first post?

I have read somewhere that there is some issues under Yosemite and Wifi PCI card to connect to WPA networks. Could you help me choosing one that will work? I'd like to have the airdrop working with my iMac and iPad also...

If I succeed, I will try to post a complete walkthrough  8-)

Dear all

Thanks for this topics. I'm new to hackintoshing and I own a X201 i5 on which I just succeeded to install OSX Yosemite. I have not used the myHack method but the beast one (not too sure I'm allowed to mention that here...). 

Graphics with QE/CI is working almost OOB using the kext and framebuffer from my post here below

I used the DSDT file from this post and sleep/wake is working just fine. The USB does not seem to have issue at this point (Except USB is ejected during sleep)

Wifi and bluetooth are not working. I first have to mod my BIOS and change the wifi card I suppose?

Before going to the BIOS mod and PCI card change, I would like to be sure everything else will be working. 

Up to now I can't manage to have any sound coming out. I have used the Mavericks kext of this post. I have the voodoo tab in settings but nothing happen when I try to read music. I have tried to update to VoodooHDA 2.8.7 but same situation.

My other problem is I can't get the iMessage apple id account to register. Any clue on that?

Thanks to anyone that can give me tips...

Awesome ! how is Yos working so far?

and can you mention the method for installation or a full instructions now?