Install OSX on Lenovo Thinkpad X201s (and maybe x201)

Leon

I've come to the conclusion that this laptop just can not boot Yosemite. I was able to get Mavericks booted using the boot flags: npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes and dart=0. It boots with full QE/CI and works very well. Yosemite just flashes a white screen then stays running with the backlight on and no image on the screen. If anyone does get Yosemite to boot please post a detailed guide because I have been trying for days and can not get it working. 

Dear all

Thanks for this topics. I'm new to hackintoshing and I own a X201 i5 on which I just succeeded to install OSX Yosemite. I have not used the myHack method but the beast one (not too sure I'm allowed to mention that here...). 

Graphics with QE/CI is working almost OOB using the kext and framebuffer from my post here below

I used the DSDT file from this post and sleep/wake is working just fine. The USB does not seem to have issue at this point (Except USB is ejected during sleep)

Wifi and bluetooth are not working. I first have to mod my BIOS and change the wifi card I suppose?

Before going to the BIOS mod and PCI card change, I would like to be sure everything else will be working. 

Up to now I can't manage to have any sound coming out. I have used the Mavericks kext of this post. I have the voodoo tab in settings but nothing happen when I try to read music. I have tried to update to VoodooHDA 2.8.7 but same situation.

My other problem is I can't get the iMessage apple id account to register. Any clue on that?

Thanks to anyone that can give me tips...

Could you please tell me what kexts you used and what boot flags? I tried it the same way as you but I can't get it to boot into OS X. It gets really close but hangs at the very end

Trying to install Yosemite on my x201 tablet with i7-620m using guide from post #41, but can't even get to installer. It's just rebooting after screen that is attached to this post, safemode doesn't helping either, as well as cpus=1 flag.

AHCI mode, VT-d is disabled, also was trying to disable all power management and multicore stuff in bios.

Tried to made boot-usb using myHack (with Mavericks image) tools, removing AppleIntelHD kexts, but result still the same. Will be happy to hear any suggestions, as I stuck with that OSX thing for about two weeks, and really don't want to end this up buying MacBook.

Go into your BIOS and enable Data execution protection or something like that, that should solve your problem

HUGE Thanks to @calabash for his great guide and @rosnoun for all of his personal help. If it weren't for both of these people I never would've gotten this working! Now all I have to tackle is iMessage and bluetooth 4.0LE I'll have it working just like a real mac.

post-79246-0-67692200-1435434346_thumb.jpeg

Oh an by the way MAJOR WARNING! DO NOT INSTALL THE AUTHENTEC BIOMETRIC SOFTWARE included in this guide! It will cause you not to be able to log in with out a finger print (entering the password makes the screen flash and then the logon screen appears again. This would not be a huge problem if you could uninstall the software. I uninstalled it using the uninstall program included with the installer. Upon reboot, OS X will hang just before the logon screen would show. The only solution was to re-install OS X, and I could not just reinstall the OS and keep my files, I had to so a FULL CLEAN INSTALL which means wiping the HDD and starting from scratch. 

Morning, 

Can someone be kind enough to help me progress a little further? I've booted from the USB, got to Clover and selected 'Boot OSX from USB' its the only option that makes logical sense instead of 'Install' which doesn't exist.  See attachmentpost-79734-0-25348200-1435480258_thumb.jpg

I don't even get to a see a GUI window, I just get this.. I've followed the guide on page 5 (https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2833-install-osx-on-lenovo-thinkpad-x201s-and-maybe-x201/page-5) but yeah I've obviously missed something or screwed it up.. 

Lenovo X201, i5 with modded wireless card (dell)

Seems like a graphics issue. I have the same laptop and had the same problem. Heres what I would recommend. In clover configurator under "Boot" check off npci=0x2000. Then REMOVE the DSDT from the USB Drive. (I was never able to boot the installer with the DSDT) Then download kext utility and repair the permissions of the USB Stick NOT EFI with that. Then, you should get to the graphics. TIP: It may appear to be done loading but leave it on that screen for at least 3 minutes. For me it took a little while to appear. Also, wiggle the mouse around because that helped at that point for me. After the installation put the DSDT back in the folder, uncheck npci=0x2000 save the changes and repair the drive again. Use it to boot into single user mode where you will need to transfer over the kexts and Single Link Normal FB L1 from this link http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/208-1st-gen-intel-hd-graphics-kexts/. If you don't know how to do that you will first have to mount the USB drive (this link will help you http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/232365-guide-how-to-mount-drives-in-os-x-single-user-mode-using-the-command-line/ ) Then you will need to cd into the USB drive you have the kexts stored on then use these commands to transfer them 
cp -R AppleIntelHDgraphics*"space"/System/Library/Extensions
cd /System/Library/Extensions
chmod -R 755 AppleIntelHDGraphics*
chown -R root:wheel AppleIntelHDGraphics* 

After that type sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/*

Then type shutdown -r now

You should be able to get it to boot with full QE/CI. 

Sorry if this is a little confusing I'm in a bit of a rush. If you need more help feel free to message me. I've been trying to get OS X on this laptop for about a week and just managed to succeed yesterday.

First off I opened Clover Configurator, mounted the EFI partition.

• Edited the EFI/Clover/config.plist and added npci=0x200. Saved and updated
  • Removed the DSDT from EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched
  • Opened kext wizard and repaired permissions on /USB/.

Booted the device, got the black Apple screen with a white Apple logo with a progress bar. Progress bar hasn't moved sadly.. 

Rebooting and adding -v to the boot options.