Install OSX on Lenovo Thinkpad X201s (and maybe x201)

Leon

Good afternoon , I've done installation yosemite on two X201 graphics working only for my FB not with clover patch !!!!!!!!!!

All almost work good but not excellent.

1. cpu temp up to 60 - 78 degrees to celsius with normal use ( Ubuntu only 45 - 55 )

2. usb 3 expresscard working only 1 port and not good ( not install textura if install usb 3 expresscard not work any port )

3. cpu fan workin to full long time

4. also battery lasts less than the other two operating systems ( Ubuntu & Windows )

anyway the laptop with yosemite is very hot ........ 

• Administrators

Do you have native SpeedStep working properly?

Hardware always tends to run warmer under OS X than under Windows or Linux; it's a more graphics demanding OS after all... However, much shorter battery life and much higher T° would likely point towards lack of CPU/GPU throttling...

• Administrators

GPU & CPU power management is not managed through DSDT or SSDT for an Arrandale CPU; it's done through a combination of native AICPUPM kext + C-States & P-States enabled through the boot loader + tuned-up FakeSMC + appropriate SMBIOS profile.

Read this thread + linked article for details.

• Administrators

I doubled checked and all would appear to be Ok, except maybe the cosmetic aspect of the Bus speed.

Arrandale i5-520M has a nominal frequency of 2.4GHz at x18 multiplier and lowest frequency of 1.2GHz at x9 multiplier. It has a Turbo boost at x20, i.e. 2.66GHz for 2 cores and x22, i.e. 2.93GHz for 1 core. That makes for a bus speed of 2.4/18 = 1.2/9 = 2.66/20 = 2.93/22 = 133MHz. OS X reporting a bus speed of 533MHZ, it appears the OS is considering CPU bus speed like a good old quad-pumped FSB even though it's not really applicable to an Arrandale CPU.

http://ark.intel.com/products/47341/Intel-Core-i5-520M-Processor-3M-Cache-2_40-GHz

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Core_i5/Intel-Core%20i5%20Mobile%20I5-520M%20CP80617004119AE%20(BX80617I5520M).html