Ethenet on Inspiron N5010 laptop with RTL8103T card problem!!!

pham.tam1208

• Administrators

Hmm, it looks as if Realtek stopped drivers for this NIC at Snow Leopard: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=7&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#7

Still, you can try the SL driver v2.0.6 (the package does install on ML) and see if it remains supported... Are you able to get the PCI Vendor id and Product id to verify the chip?

• Administrators

Are you sure it's an Intel 10/100Mb Ethernet port? The message above indicates Realtek... What does your KP message show?

However, if you guys have an Intel wireless card onboard, either disable it in the BIOS or take it out; they're not supported. Intel cards often lead to KP when booting the Mac OS installer.

• Moderators

HI 

I am trying to install mountain lion on my Dell N5010 but keep getting a kernal panic on the ethernet before evenbeing able to install OSX.

System specs are 

Dell N5010

I5

4gb ram

Samsung 1TB HD

Intel ethernet

any help would be great

thanks

Are you sure it kp or just hanging after displaying Ethernet? If the later, it means it's not able to load the display driver. If it has the Intel built-in display, it's probably the 1st generation gma display and getting QE/CI on it is hit and miss.

So, please list your full specs here. Perhaps it might have different video.

Above Below are the screenshots of what i am seeing when i get the KP

The specs of the laptop as per the systems tab in control panel are

Intel core I5 M480 2.67GHz

4gb ram

Graphics as per device manager 

Intel HD graphics

I have also attached the picture of the wifi board label and labels on the mother board

I was using uni-beast for the install modded to install on the MBR

if you need any more info let me know

thanks

Will