Dell Latitude E6530

Leo Burn

Hello everybody,

I want to buy the Dell Latitude E6530 with the following characteristics :

• Cpu : intel i5-3320M
  • Ram : 8 Gb 1600 Mhz
  • iGP : Intel HD 4000 (only this one, there is no Nvidia card on this laptop) !!!
  • Wireless : Dell wireless 1504
  • Display : FHD (1920x1080)

If someone can tell me if Mountain lion will work properly on this laptop ?
Thank you so much.

• Moderators

Hello everybody,

I want to buy the Dell Latitude E6530 with the following characteristics :

• Cpu : intel i5-3320M
  • Ram : 8 Gb 1600 Mhz
  • iGP : Intel HD 4000 (only this one, there is no Nvidia card on this laptop) !!!
  • Wireless : Dell wireless 1504
  • Display : FHD (1920x1080)

If someone can tell me if Mountain lion will work properly on this laptop ?
Thank you so much.

This guide should work for that model. It's for an E6430, but has all the specs you listed. Just need to change the resolution in boot.plist.

• Moderators

Please how to get numpad works ? i tried VoodooPS2Controller but the trackpad/mouse stop to works 

Try this dsdt and see if the number pad will work.

For the trackpad/mouse, did you install the VoodooPS2synapticsPane.prefPane? You need to adjust some settings to get it to work.DSDT.aml.zip

Try this dsdt and see if the number pad will work.

For the trackpad/mouse, did you install the VoodooPS2synapticsPane.prefPane? You need to adjust some settings to get it to work.attachicon.gifDSDT.aml.zip

Yeah !! the numpad works for me !! and i think there is no possibility to get the calculator button to work ? or there is no software to map buttons ?  :D

Well, except voodooBattery, i've tried a lot of kext and they don't work for me !! do you have please an idea ?

post-4953-0-84122400-1376410276_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Isn't numeric keypad handled by keyboard selection in Language & Text Pref Pane->input sources, where you can select numerical, extended or PC keyboard? You can also get better keyboard support by using the layouts provided in a tool called Ukelele.

That Calc button would normally have a soft key attached to it. Unless you can program it like in Windows, I doubt it'll work natively... Unless tools such as DoubleCommand support it.