Dell E6520 (Intel) AppleHDA

olvidalo

Hi,

I noticed that since a while ago, AppleHDA is not an option anymore when configuring EDP. I can't really pin down when that happened, it might have been some EDP update or when I updated to 10.8.3, but I know that at one point I could select it and it worked perfectly.

Note that for the nvidia version of the E6520 config, AppleHDA is still an option. When I try to load the kext from that model-data, I get the following errors:

(kernel) kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
(kernel) kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]:  __ZN14DspFuncManager16resetAllDspFuncsEv
(kernel) kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]:  __ZN14DspFuncManager7processEPKvS1_jj
(kernel) kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]:  __ZN18AppleHDAController38releasePriorityLinkBandwidthAllocationEP33AppleHDABandwidthAllocationStruct
(kernel) kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]:  __ZN18AppleHDAController38requestPriorityLinkBandwidthAllocationEP33AppleHDABandwidthAllocationStruct
(kernel) Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDA - link failed.
(kernel) Failed to load executable for kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDA.
(kernel) Kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDA failed to load (0xdc008016).
(kernel) Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDA (error 0xdc008016).
Failed to load AppleHDA.kext - (libkern/kext) link error.
Check library declarations for your kext with kextlibs(8).

• Moderators

Hi,

I noticed that since a while ago, AppleHDA is not an option anymore when configuring EDP. I can't really pin down when that happened, it might have been some EDP update or when I updated to 10.8.3, but I know that at one point I could select it and it worked perfectly.

Note that for the nvidia version of the E6520 config, AppleHDA is still an option. When I try to load the kext from that model-data, I get the following errors:

(kernel) kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
(kernel) kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]:  __ZN14DspFuncManager16resetAllDspFuncsEv
(kernel) kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]:  __ZN14DspFuncManager7processEPKvS1_jj
(kernel) kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]:  __ZN18AppleHDAController38releasePriorityLinkBandwidthAllocationEP33AppleHDABandwidthAllocationStruct
(kernel) kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]:  __ZN18AppleHDAController38requestPriorityLinkBandwidthAllocationEP33AppleHDABandwidthAllocationStruct
(kernel) Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDA - link failed.
(kernel) Failed to load executable for kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDA.
(kernel) Kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDA failed to load (0xdc008016).
(kernel) Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDA (error 0xdc008016).
Failed to load AppleHDA.kext - (libkern/kext) link error.
Check library declarations for your kext with kextlibs(8).

Make sure you include Fake92HD87B1AppleHDA in E/E as well, remove voodoohda and applehdadisabler and run my fix to update permission and cache.

Nice! It works, thanks for the hint. Now if anyone responsible reads this, could this be re-added to the EDP config? I modified my local database and model-data to include it, but I have no idea what to do with it now.

Once I'm at it, the new ALPS touchpad driver by bpedman should be added as well:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2545-new-touchpad-driver-for-e6520-alps