D420 10.6 build USB key won't boot

sydtsai

Hello,

Trying to install a new hackintosh of a D420 with SSD drive. 

However, the normal boot has failed, and panic has following:

Screen%20Shot%202013-08-08%20at%209.41.5

Using myHack 3.2b8 with 10.6 dmg, i wonder if it has to do with latest version of myHack...

Thanks

• Administrators

You need to apply Chameleon v2248 or above to your myHack USB installer. Cham v2255 package is available off ox86.net. Or use Chameleon Wizard to update your USB installer partition.

Alternatively, grab a copy of myHack 3.1.2 and you'll be Ok.

You need to apply Chameleon v2248 or above to your myHack USB installer. Cham v2255 package is available off ox86.net. Or use Chameleon Wizard to update your USB installer partition.

Alternatively, grab a copy of myHack 3.1.2 and you'll be Ok.

Thanks, I got it to work. However, it seems leaving some issues after the installation, I have resolved, may be...

The bootloader will not install with the OS X installation process, you must boot via the usb key and choose the HDD to boot up. Then , you need to install back the bootloader.

It seems the wake from sleep will trigger the system to freeze, not even Panic is displayed...

I have enabled BIOS sys password on the laptop, but still getting same issue.

May I know if custom BIOS can resolve these issue?

Thanks!

• Administrators

No, custom BIOS will not resolve this. Custom BIOSes only bring Apple logo at power on and include tune-up DSDT which removes the need for the DSDT file in /Extra. Configure your BIOS as per recommended settings. Once you've done your EDP System Build, you should also apply the Sleep/Hibernate fix that's provided by EDP.

Alternatively, check your Hibernate mode with Terminal command: sudo pmset -g

If set to any value other than 0, change it with: sudo pmset hibernatemode 0

That basically disables sleepimages on the HDD (which cause issues) and the laptop will only sleep to RAM.

I tried your advice, it doesn't work. I have noticed that the SSD could be the root of cause.

I built another install on a 80GB HDD, and the system seems very stable...

I have heard issues with SSD even on regular mac, i wonder if there is something we can fix it...

Thanks for the quick replies.