[Solved] Error on D630 ML install with EDP5: can't get <class docf> etc

mr freckles

Hey folks, I have a Dell D630.  I followed the instructions in the D630 latitude thread for installing ML and everything and I get ML bootable just fine. When I try to run EDP 5 I am getting the following error after it installs fine.  Can't get <class docf> "edptool.command" of <class cfol> "extra" of <class sdsk> of application "finder" 

I am not sure really where to start.  This is a clean install of ML, and I am installing EDP5 right after it boots up and configures.  Should I run the ML updates first?  Is there a preinstall package that I need to be doing first?  Anyone have any suggestions?

thanks

• Moderators

Hey folks, I have a Dell D630.  I followed the instructions in the D630 latitude thread for installing ML and everything and I get ML bootable just fine. When I try to run EDP 5 I am getting the following error after it installs fine.  Can't get "edptool.command" of "extra" of of application "finder" 

I am not sure really where to start.  This is a clean install of ML, and I am installing EDP5 right after it boots up and configures.  Should I run the ML updates first?  Is there a preinstall package that I need to be doing first?  Anyone have any suggestions?

thanks

Sounds like there might be some issue with EDP. Go to the Extra folder and run edptool.command. It'll then prompt you for a password, after entering the password, EDP will then launch.

• Moderators

maybe I am missing something.  Do I reboot after EDP?  When I reboot nothing happens, it doesn't give me any options at all at boot.  It comes back into ML

No reboot is necessary. Sounds like a failed installation of EDP. Try reinstalling.

• Administrators

Solved: downloading of EDP contents was actually blocked by ISP, so running the downloaded EDP install app would only create an empty /Extra folder!

Worked Ok after switching over to a 3G connection to bypass ISP.

Not sure I would label this thread as 'solved'.  I'm getting this error too and not everyone has access to a secondary internet connection with which to make the EDP5 download work.  

Is there a manual way (even if tedious) of making EDP5 work for those of us in this situation?

Thanks,
Chris

EDIT: Could we not post 'snapshots' of extra folders next to the model names on the compatibility chart?  That way, at least people would have 'a working version' even if it wasn't the latest and the greatest? 

As long as I'm asking this, can someone who has a D630 working with 10.9 send me a zip of their working Extra folder via private message or upload a link?

• Administrators

The above problem was solved. This matter is closed.

If your ISP is too blocking the EDP download, there's little we can do about it. You can verify this by clicking on the little arrow icon at the bottom of the EDP installation pop-up window when you run the EDP installation image. You should see lots of line listing the various files being downloaded.

If you're not seeing anything and end up with an empty /Extra folder, you need to contact your ISP or check your own router firewall if you have one and get SVN downloads allowed through.

No we cannot and will not upload a snapshot of /Extra folders next to each model. That would take too much storage space and it would never fit everyone's needs. Not everyone had the same Wireless card or bluetooth or whatever. This is the very reason why we have a centralised EDP system that looks up your model and downloads only what you need.