Mountain Lion on Inspiron 1525, any suggestions?

dalocnar

i tried to follow the tutorial, but i keep getting appleintelcpupowermanagement kernel panic when booting -v, so i installed nullcpupowermanagement kext... and it just sits there... any suggestions or help on trying this? i would like to possibly run it on my hackintosh.. I have tried to use cpus=1, cpus=2 and still nothing....thanx in advance..

post-2674-0-81369700-1376111970_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Hi, what's in your /Extra folder? Did you try boot options such as npci=0x2000 or PciRoot=1 or -x ?

This laptop runs on GMA X3100 graphics which is not supported by ML. As such, you have no native graphics support, except if you apply MLPF hack on that installation. You can have a look for details in the various guides I've published in the relevant section, especially those for D630 X3100 and D620 nVidia.

i was trying to use them but i couldnt get past the installer screen.... i was using the low res pack (tried the high res also) for the d630 tutorial. if i run as the tutorial says i get a kp for appleintelpowermanagement. if i install nullcpupowermanagement it never goes past the screen above....

• Administrators

Try and use the /Extra from your previous Lion installation as boot pack. I would not use the DSDT of a given computer on another one, unless it is really identical hardware wise; this is not entirely the case between D630 and Inspiron 1525.

is there a easy way to generate a dsdt file for my pc? also i noticed in all the tutorials for installing mountain lion on the d630 (with gma x3100) that none of them says what switches to use (because i would assume it was throw the same kps as mine)

• Administrators

You can extract your DSDT with Chameleon Wizard, if you do not already use one. You can also use DSDTEditor too (available off Olaria forum) or follow the process detailed by Dinesh in his DSDT/SSDT thread in Research section of the forum.

• Administrators

Can you list the hardware specifications? I know the Inspiron 1525 has a Broadcom LAN, but it's different from the D630's.

For wireless, you need a supported model, which may or may not need a kext; have a look at the non-exhaustive inventory in Research->Hardware->Network section of the forum.