Upgrading from ML to Mav

zionlion

Actually, (keeping in mind this is the DP's), the install is easier. It's just a straight forward MyHack install, without having to modify any kexts, with everything seeming to work. Just keep in mind, by the time the GM comes around, there will likely be a lot of changes, and it may not be as easy. If you have access to the DP and want to try it, I suggest creating a partition on your OSx drive to install it to.

• Administrators

[...]

Does anyone have any idea what procedure will be needed to upgrade from 10.8.4 ML on the e6400 to Mavericks?

[...]

Hackintoshes not being 100% entirely like Macs, I do not believe you can actually upgrade from ML to Mav like you would on a real Mac. On a Hackintosh, you have to proceed with a brand new installation I'm afraid.

I upgrade and downgrade my systems all of the time using my incubation method. My mavericks install on my D630n was an upgrade from its original ML install. So it's possible with the right stuff in place. Without the right adapters and virtualization capabilities, Herve is right, you can't do a normal upgrade.

-Seige