D430 Lion didnt boot from HDD and wouldn't boot after trying to fix

becker666

Guys

This machine was working beatifully with Lion 10.7.4 the only issue was it wouldn't boot from the HDD i had to use an USB and then point to the partition on the HDD and  it'd work bullet proof

since I made it about 6 months ago. I installed a lot of my dev stuff in it and it was all working.

I was busy doing some coding so I just let it be like that. Now I had some spare time I decided to get it to boot from the HDD, I already had the Chameleon but it wouldnt work and I read somewhere that may be partition is not bootable, I loaded Gparted and I saw some other small parition had the boot flag (this partition was actually  msftres after i took the boot flag out of it and set it boot on the partition with HFS. Then I wouln'dt boot took the msftres out by reformatting the small parition to hfs and now when I try to boot from the USB it wouldn't see the Lion partition ... CRAP!!! I had a lot of work on that box with Eclipse/Xcode, lots of things that would be a pain redo. 

So I rolled it back e.g. reformatted the small partition back to FAT32 and set it as boot, run a check on the HFS lion parition and after a couple of shots I'm back where I was. What a relief!!!!!!

So how could I get this to boot from the HDD my lion is on disks03, 1st partition is FAT32 (msftres) 2nd and 3rd are htfs.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks a lot!!! I installed Chameleon on the disks02 (which has nothing but files) and left everything as it was and it booted up all the way it took a little longer than usual. I'd assume the boot tag is still on the msftres(1st partition) as I din't touch it but this is working and I'll leave it along.