Can't install ML on D620 GMA950 with full QE/CI

mohan2k2

I have follow the below guide but I am unable to install after I updated the OS to 10.8.3 with legal copy of ML. After I created the MLPF v0.3 USB boot and started the boot process with DSDT=/Extra/<dsdt filename> arch=i386 -f (For Examples: DSDT=/Extra/dsdt.aml arch=i386 /f I get kernel panic and without arch=i386 and with –v flag it will boot but no setup screen comes up.) Please let me know if I am doing something wrong.

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2465-installing-ml-on-d620-gma950-with-full-qeci/

• Administrators

The guide has been thoroughly tested prior to publication. I've validated it for all ML versions up to 10.8.4, i.e. the current one. If you follow it to the letter, you should get there without a hiccup.

You seem to have your KP when booting the MLPF installer. What does it say at KP? Make sure you've used the correct bootpack/DSDT, that you have indeed create the /Extra folder on the MLPF installer partition with DSDT and plist files and boot using "-f" flag, not "/f".

Is your HDD partitioned GUID (Ok) or is it MBR (NOk)?

• Administrators

Just erased my old D620 GMA950 SL installation (it was on an MBR partition) and replaced it with MLPF ML 10.8.4 (on GUID partition). Not a problem at all using the posted guide.

Just make sure that:

• you run the latest BIOS
  • you've configured it as per recommended settings
  • you have no Intel wireless card plugged in (take it out otherwise, it'll have to go anyway).
  • that you install on a GUID partition, formatted Mac OS Extended (journaled)

Also, when you create your MLPF installer, make sure you pick the exact same ML version in the list as what you actually used for your initial Vanilla installation. Otherwise, it won't work since MLPF will be looking for that install app in Applications folder. For instance, if you started with ML install app 10.8.0, then updated to 10.8.3 or 10.8.4, create your MLPF installer with 10.8.0. Only when you've booted off that MLPF installer, you can choose 10.8.3, 10.8.4 or whatever final Vanilla ML installation you have to apply MLPF on it. I hope you're clear on that.

NB: I created the MLPF installer on a 8Gb 2nd partition on the laptop's HDD, but a USB key or USB HDD worked just as well for me in the past.

• Moderators

I have follow the below guide but I am unable to install after I updated the OS to 10.8.3 with legal copy of ML. After I created the MLPF v0.3 USB boot and started the boot process with DSDT=/Extra/ arch=i386 -f (For Examples: DSDT=/Extra/dsdt.aml arch=i386 /f I get kernel panic and without arch=i386 and with –v flag it will boot but no setup screen comes up.) Please let me know if I am doing something wrong.

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2465-installing-ml-on-d620-gma950-with-full-qeci/

The fix is to update your Chameleon with r2248 or above.

Hi, I'll give you mine also.

Tools:

Use Installer OS X Montain Lion.app (Version 10.8.0)

use MyHack 3.2 Beta 8

use Extra_D620i_LoRes_ML

use ML Post Factor v0.3

Bios Setting exactly like this link https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1869-bios-settings-d620/

Create Install from Lion 10.7.5 on this Dell (D620 GMA BIOS A10)

Method:

Use MyHack to create USB Installation Key of my ML 10.8.0. - Complete OK

Use MyHack to add the Extra (Extra_D620i_LoRes_ML) on the USR installation Key. - Complete OK

Install ML 10.8.0 from USB Key - Complete Fail,

Boot from the ML 10.8.0  - Complete OK

Installation Combo Update 10.8.4 - Complete Fail

Reboot again ML 10.8.4 - Complete OK

Copy my Installer OS X Montain Lion.app under Application- Complete OK

Copy MLPostFactor v0.3 under Application- Complete OK

Run MLPostFactor v0.3 and choose ML 10.8.0- Complete OK

Reboot on the MLPostFactor v0.3 installation with this switch : DSDT=/Extra/DSDT.aml arch=i386 -f - Complete Fail (KP)

I don't understand that the installation of ML 10.8.0 said fail but boot anyway ?

Thanks

• Administrators

Don't worry about the "Installation failed" messages, they're false negatives. It happens on many hackintoshes; nothing to worry about.

Coming back to your installation, I see areas where you potentially fail to follow the process detailed in the guide after you've booted into 10.8.4: you say you run MLPF v0.3 and refer to 10.8.0 (your ML installation app, copied to Applications folder). That's Ok (and there's no need to copy MLPF to Applications by the way, that's not in the guide) but what do you do exactly?

Did you create a MLPF installer small partition beforehand? Do you apply MLPF with 10.8.0 on that? You must not apply it to your 10.8.4 fresh installation!

If you've applied MLPF with 10.8.0 installation app to dedicated MLPF install partition or dedicated USB key/partition, did you then copy DSDT + boot plist + SMBIOS plist to an "Extra" folder at the root of that dedicated MLPF installer partition?

From your description, I'd say this is where you're going wrong.

Once you've done the above properly, boot off that MLPF installer and once at Mac OS X installation screen, just run MLPF off Utilities menu and apply it to your ML 10.8.4 installation, selecting ML 10.8.4. In other works, follow the guide to the letter, especially steps 2, 3 & 4 of the 2nd phase.

Thanks for your reply,

I follow exactly what are in this link : http://www.osxhackers.com/Installation.html.

I create a small partition (8 Gb) called Install.

I create a small partition (10 Gb) called ML

I copied MLPostFactor v0.3 under Application of my main partition, at the same place of nstaller OS X Montain Lion.app

I ran MLF with my 10.8.0 not with my 10.8.4 and I choose the small partition Install (8 Gb).

copy DSDT + boot plist + SMBIOS plist to an "Extra" folder at the root of that dedicated MLPF installer partition (8 Gb).  I took this from the Extra folder from my install 10.8.4. And also make another test and took it from the Zip file from Extra_D620i_LoRes_ML.  Same result KP when I try to boot from the MLF Install partition (8 Gb)

When I reboot on the MLF install partition (8 Gb) always KP with the switch provide.

Maybe I missed something but I don't know where. all seems clear for me but ...

Thanks