Sound driver for OS X Mavericks

Clamibot

Okay, I've installed the dev preview of OS X 10.9 on my D630 and everything works.

That is, except sound.

I've tried multiple sound kexts but nothing seems to work.

No audio devices are detected, not even headphones.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

This laptop has a Nvidia graphics card if that helps any.

• Moderators

Okay, I've installed the dev preview of OS X 10.9 on my D630 and everything works.

That is, except sound.

I've tried multiple sound kexts but nothing seems to work.

No audio devices are detected, not even headphones.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

This laptop has a Nvidia graphics card if that helps any.

Follow this thread. I think voodoohda 2.8.4 works on it.

• Administrators

I'm actually using the Voodoo#3 from EDP system build; it's v2.8.1. Works perfectly.

Did you use EDP on your system? It's perfectly safe to do a System Build. If you're without EDP, remember to use AppleHDADisabler with VoodooHDA kext.

I'm actually using the Voodoo#3 from EDP system build; it's v2.8.1. Works perfectly.

Did you use EDP on your system? It's perfectly safe to do a System Build. If you're without EDP, remember to use AppleHDADisabler with VoodooHDA kext.

I removed EDP since it was causing my system not to boot up into the OS.

I'll try using that voodooHDA.

Okay, everything works but there is something weird about how my system shows up in "About This Mac"

The processor speed changes every time I turn on the machine.

So far it has showed up as 1.2 GHZ, 1.7 GHZ, or 2.5GHZ

The processor is actually a 2.55GHZ processor.

Is this a problem, or should I ignore this?

• Administrators

You can probably ignore it, I've seen that before.

EDP is totally Ok for Mavericks. If using it caused boot issues, then you proabably did something wrong in the process. What kexts are you using, what Chameleon boot options, what SMBIOS profile, etc?

Also what CPU do you have in that D630? I'm not aware of any 2.55GHz FSB800 CPU that could be used in that laptop.

You can probably ignore it, I've seen that before.

EDP is totally Ok for Mavericks. If using it caused boot issues, then you proabably did something wrong in the process. What kexts are you using, what Chameleon boot options, what SMBIOS profile, etc?

Also what CPU do you have in that D630? I'm not aware of any 2.55GHz FSB800 CPU that could be used in that laptop.

I am using the multifail kexts for mountain lion, since they work on mavericks.

I have a modified Chameleon boot plist which I made myself, no boot flags inserted.

Hmm... I look up this CPU

I have EDP installed on my D620. For some reason it does not want to work properly on my D630, even though I installed it the same way.

• Administrators

Ha, you should stay away from multifail, we've got everything optimized for those models.

Anyway, here's a little Mavericks pack for the D630 nVidia; it has everything you would need and, yes, it's not a lot. But that's all you need, the rest is all Vanilla. No strange CPU speed reports with that... Remember to check your BIOS settings against the recommend values and disable IDA if you have a T7xxx CPU (you can keep IDA with T9xxx CPU).

D630n_Mav_Pack.zip

You may also optimize Bluetooth if required/desired (DW350/DW360), in which case look at the dedicated thread in Reseach section.

NB: the pack does not include any wireless kext that you may require, depending on the card you use...

Ha, you should stay away from multifail, we've got everything optimized for those models.

Anyway, here's a little Mavericks pack for the D630 nVidia; it has everything you would need and, yes, it's not a lot. But that's all you need, the rest is all Vanilla. No strange CPU speed reports with that... Remember to check your BIOS settings against the recommend values and disable IDA if you have a T7xxx CPU (you can keep IDA with T9xxx CPU).

attachicon.gifD630n_Mav_Pack.zip

You may also optimize Bluetooth if required/desired (DW350/DW360), in which case look at the dedicated thread in Reseach section.

NB: the pack does not include any wireless kext that you may require, depending on the card you use...

Thanks, I deleted all multifail kexts and used these.

Wireless works fine

The CPU speed still keeps jumping around in "About This Mac"