Trouble booting Zenbook UX32VD

apple-ca

I followed the instructions, gennerated the USB thumb, then the installations goes fine, first boot OK, I connect to internet, install EDP, choose Zenbook UX32VD, then the scripts runns, but it stops in a pint asking to answer the letter "y" , I press  y and it retturns invalid enter, then I press  Y  and it returns invalid enter !!!

I cannot pass this point !

What can be wrong ?

I even tryed to plug a real Apple USB keyboard ( the one I use i my Mini ) same result ...

Thanks in advance ...

Fábio Rabelo

• Administrators

When you run the EDP package to install EDP on your system, it will download a lot of files, you can actually see it if you click the Details button. At the end, the installation package will ask you if you want to run EDP or not. If you reply Yes, then EDP will launch and then you can do your System Build. At that point, I do not know of any script that would ask you to answer Yes or No. The only thing that EDP prompts on startup is a Terminal window where you have to enter your password. After that, nothing.

Try and re-install EDP and click Details to monitor what happens. Just a few days ago, we had a forum member who encountered issues installing EDP and it turned out to be his ISP who was blocking the downloads (and so he was getting absolutely nothing!). When he used a 3G connection, everything went trough and he was able to run EDP and finalise his OS X installation.

Hi again,

finally I have time to try the installation of Mac OS 10.8 again.

I still have some trouble to boot the system.

Here is what I have done so far:

I created the bootable USB with myhack 3.3.1

And I added the DSDT like it was mentioned in this guide.

"Once MyHack has created the USB, download the DSDT I have attached and move it to /Extra/ on the USB. This will enable you launch the USB with no problems."

EDIT: I also downloaded the latest EDP pack for 10.8, here in the forum.

Afterwards, I started my computer again, chose the USB, deleted the partition (mac os journaled) and started the installation.

At the end of the installation, I chose "use generic ones" and clicked every time on "yes".

After the restart, I pressed ESC for the boot menu and I chose the USB again. Then, I chose the Partion with Mac and pressed ENTER. As this did not work, I did this again... but this time i said "-v" and pressed ENTER.

A lot of things loaded until it said "NTFS volume name version 3.1."

qn7uxosj.jpg

I tried to do this booting process with "-x" again and I was able to complete the installation. I am also able to boot it now with "-x".

BUT on the starting screen, where I enter my password, it says in the right top corner in red color that it is a secure system start (or something like that, I use German language).

When I enter the system, I get directly the following message:

6cewjuy9.jpg

and I am not able to run myhack to install Chameleon.

geynmcl9.jpg

Therefore, i tried booted the USB Stick again to get to the installation process where I clicked on Utilities and used myhack to run myfix AND to install Chameleon but nothing worked.

I also tried it with VT-d disabled and enabled

Just in case that this helps.... this is the bootlist which i copied into the folder "extra" (latest EDP pack for 10.8):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>Default</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>10</string>
<key>USBBusFix</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>no</string>
<key>arch</key>
<string>x86_64</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I really don't know what to do now....hope that someone can help me.

Thank you

Edited by apple-ca

• Administrators

If you intend to use the OSXL bootpack, then you should not choose "Generic" Extra at the end of your installation but "my own", pointing to the OSXL bootpack that you have used on your USB installer (using the same process, i.e. Install Extra->my own-> point to downloaded Zenbook boot pack) and which will be in /Extra of your USB installer.

Right now, it appears that you boot your installer with the boot pack but complete your OS X installation with the Generic boot pack! That kind of defeats the purpose of a dedicated bootpack for your model...

What you can do meantime is reboot your USB installer and once at installation screen, go to Tools menu, select myHack and opt for "Install Extra" and "my own". Choose your HDD OS X partition as destination and use the /Extra of your USB installer as your source location for the bootpack. This will basically install the Zenbook boot pack on your OS X installation, something you seem to have missed previously.

• Like 1

Thank you for your help.

I am learning slowly as I am totally new... but I read a lot and try things by myself.

As I was waiting for an anwser I got Mac OS X 10.9 and tried it again with myhack 3.3.1.

This time it does not ask for "Generic" or "my own". So once it was done I start my hack again and ran the "install extra" and used the 10.9 EDP of the forum.

When I start the system I press ENTER, select my USB stick and once Chameloeon starts, I boot the OSX installer.

Here's what I see at the end when it stops.

6wg529sj.jpg

Whats the reason for this problem?

I did exactly the same like with 10.8 and there, I was able to install it.

Thank you again.

Sadly I don't have an external monitor except my tv. Can I try to connect it with the hdmi cable?

Otherwise, how can I use the chameleon graphics enabler? Is there somewhere a instruction site?

I am really new in this stuff and try to learn all the things.