Safari and the beach ball of death

jeff_gates

I have a Dell D820 with the Intel Video card. I install OSX from CD and upgraded to 10.6.6 and ran the EDP 1.6 Final pkg. I have two issues, When I launch Safari and select yahoo.com then I move the mouse across top over the yahoo button I get the beach ball of death. The second issue is the WLAN card is still not working but that may be a re-banding issue.

Any idea?

Jeff

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Safari sucks.. use google chrome =)

2. What WLAN do you have ?

Or even better: use Chromium. Especially if you don't want your browser to phone home and submit your usage patterns to Google Almighty.

I have downloaded FireFox and the system seems happier.

I have tried 4 wlan cards:

The system came with the Intel which I know doesn't work.

So I tried:

Broadcom BCM4311KFBG

Broadcom BCM4321KFGB

and

Airport Card for Mac Mini Intel, Mac Book # 661-3890

Replacement Part for Mac Mini Intel, Mac Book, Mac Book Pro, Mac Book Pro 17"

http://www.mac-pro.com/Airport-Card-for-Mac-Mini-Intel-Mac-Book-661-3890

I'm stumped.

I have done all the updates. When I run 10.6.3 I don't have this issue but every time I update the system to 10.6.6 Safari has the same issue only when I go to yahoo.com then move the mouse over the yahoo! button I have reinstalled the system 5+ times.

Jeff

• Administrators

Then i guess you just found a bug in safari :) ... one of the many.. just stick with chrome and you will be fine.. i dont think i have used safari since.. we.. never :)

• Administrators

I read there is a "top sites" bug that causes a similar issue. If the tab automatically opens "top sites" you get the bbod... The "fix" was not to have it do that. so maybe your "fix" is to remove it from the menu bar.