D430: Windows 7 and Mac os x dual boot

usmalu

Hi all,

I am newbie in the hackintosh area.  I installed Mac os X Lion downloaded from the app store on a usb stick using myhack 3.1.2.  Installation went very well and I installed edp package and everything was working fine.  Then I installed windows 7 and the computer boot directly into windows.  With the installer usb in, I was able to boot either into mac os or windows 7.  I used the installer usb to reinstall the chameloen bootloader and there the problem starts.  Now it started to boot into the MAC os but stuck at grey screen.  

I used the following commands;

1.  -x  and still the screen grey

2.  -v  message is   

Loading Darwin 10.7

Loading Kernel cache /System/library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache

Read HFS+ File: [hd(0,2)/ System/library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache] 4096 bytes

Read HFS+ file : [hd(0,2)/ System/library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache] 9439787 bytes

That's it.  and stuck at the grey screen

3.  -f   still stuck at the grey screen

4.  -s  Same message as -v and stuck.

Beofre windows installation it was working like a charm as macbook air.  

My system  Dell Latitude d430 with intel core 2 duo with 2 gb memory and 60 gb hdd and intel gma 950 graphics with broadcom wireless.

Please help 

Thanks a lot 

• Administrators

It's quite normal that, after a Windows installation post-Mac OS installation, your laptop boots directly into Windows. That can easily be fixed through DISKPART command line in Windows. Just open up a DOS/Command window and type DISKPART command.

Then list your partitions and check which one is active (it should be the Windows one) depending on your partitions arrangement (normally Mac OS 1st, Windows 2nd). Make the Mac OS partition active. On reboot, you should get back to the Chameleon bootloader starting Mac OS X by default with ability to interrupt it to select Windows partition if desired.

Regarding your bootloader issue, I would suggest you try and boot into Lion with your USB installer (just as you did before) and once you're in Lion, you download a recent copy of the Chameleon package (v2248 or above) and re-install on your disk. Remember, Chameleon should be applied to 1st HDD partition to be effective. This is why it's always recommended to have Mac OS as 1st partition and Windows as 2nd.

• Like 1